Going to Church

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayboy

Reaction score
I moved to a new location 3 years ago and was trying to find a church. I went to many different ones, but I had one problem. I am a single man in my 30s, and I felt so isolated seeing all the married couples my age there with children. I want to do good things and help my community, but feel like an outsider. What suggestions do you all have to help me a contribute to my fellow person?

that sucks.

were you like the only single person in the whole place?

i could see that being fairly traumatic, lol.

on the other hand, church or not, rest assured that most of those marriages were shams.

there are always people in need.

you wanna connect with humanity, get into a charity.

that will win you more jesus-points anyway as opposed to sitting in a church someone where mumbling hymns.

mmm...I met Sherry at church. When I was going to church. Im going to church now.

The church I attended was Religious of Science...not to be confuse with Sciencetology.
It's chirst based teachings.

I was actaully gone through a break up. I was 29 at that time.
I didnt drink so going to bars wasnt an option for me.
I didnt really intended to look for a woman...as I said I had just gotten out of a relationship.
I was seeking peace for myself and was really devistated for loosing my two step daughters.

After a couple of months of one on one couseling with my minister
I was invited to attend a work shop.
It didnt darn on me at firsr that my minister was actually trying to hook me up.lmao
She would actaully have me sit to a women...have me interact with her.
I was actaully kind of naieve to it. Still weeping for my daughters.
My minister actaully had to give me the woman's phone number.hahahaa
But I would never call..then the woman herself invited me to go hang out with her.LOL
I never called her or went to the picnic with her...
So next sunday...my minsiter fired my ass...saying she wasnt going work one on one
with me anymore.hahahahaaaa

So oneday I was sitting in a meeting. Sherry was crying.
I actaully told Sherry that I love her as I looked into her beautiful blue eyes.
it was totally wierd...becuase people just down blurr out " I love you" when
you first meet them.LOL
it kindda just came out of me.
Thats was the thing that Sherry and I had. I told her I love her the forst time i saw her.

So Im sitting in the work shop on a Wensday night.
Sherry walks in and sat right next to me.
I havnt seen Sherry attended this church before.lol
She invited me to go have dinner with her...so I did.

Anywho...So Im sitting in another meeting at another chuch.
Cherry and her parents attended the meeting to support her sister.
Cherry was 25. A nurse.
Anyhow...her parents were talking to me. Cherry was sortta just hanging out.
Then her parents introduce me to her....
Ive never net these people before. They were inviting me to go visit thier house.
So Cherry and i started chit chating. I asked her out in front of her parents.lmao
Cherry's mom gave me a big ass hug...Keep in mind...I ve never met these poeple before.
Cherry was drop dead gorgeous. You got it...a hot white chick.lol

As Cherry and I was going to the movies....Sherry was following us.lmao
Im like WTF?????....Stalker!!!!!
Becuase Ive already had sex with Sherry.
So I haul ass to my parents house. I rush Cherry out of my car into my parents house
trying to play it off...Intruduce Cherry to my parents 5 mins after asking her out.LOL
My parents were like WTF???

As we were watching the movie...I actually had my hand on Cherry's pussy.lol
She just lean her head on my shoulder and cover up my hands with her's.
it was dark and there wasnt many people in the theater.

So I had Cherry and Sherry calling my house and work. lmao
My securaty was like...Cherry one line 1...Cherry on line 2.

Church girls.....

I ended up living with Sherry...but everytime I run into Cherry
she would ask me if I was single and tell me where she lives
and hug me.
Even a year later as Sherry and I was having dinner.
Cherry was in same resteruant. Cherry said HI to me very loud
in front of Sherry...just like that.

it was really weird moving in with Sherry at first...becuase
I started dating women after a while.

I was actaull dating one of Sherry's friend too. (that's right another hot blonde) Nancy.
Nancy came over to visit Sherry oneday and saw in sitting in the living room.lmao
They actaully kind of had a fight or discussion over me.
Nancy was crying....
Strange as it maybe...Sherry actaully let me take Nancy out
on a date while i was living with her.

It was at the beginning of our relationship...

I see what you are saying. Are you there to worship or to worry over your status in life? God forgive me, but being a single 30yo man in church should have no problem meeting a nice girl. How do you know that all the couples there are married? They could be relatives, or just boyfriend and girlfriend. Maybe this might help ease your soul.

Corithians 7:7-8 I wish everyone could get along without marrying, just as I do. But we are not all the same. God gives some the gift of marriage, and to others he gives the gift of singleness. 8 Now I say to those who aren't married and to widows – it's better to stay unmarried, just as I am. 9 But if they can't control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It's better to marry than to burn with lust.

It sounds like you need to find a church that totally grabs a hold of your attention through its ministry. Two churches I have attended (I've moved a lot) over the years had night services similar to rock concerts. Dark room with a brightly lit stage, great music, and then about a half hour sermon followed by a little more music. I'm not saying you need something that extreme, but the last thing that should be on your mind is, "Oh gee. I'm not married."

nerdy's right.

go to a church that is totally a youth scene.

i've been invited to a few,

where the people doing the "inviting" looked like a heavy metal mosh pit. lol

i always decline. i don't go to church.

not my scene.

I can relate although I attend a large church that I know has plenty of singles. Still I go alone, sit alone, and leave as soon as the service ends. I know I would never make small talk with anyone after the service so why stay and waste time? If you want to serve then talk to an elder and see how you can help. In the end you have to be there for the Lord and not for anyone else. If you really want single friends then you might have to attend a larger church.

ohcalidatex said:
I can relate although I attend a large church that I know has plenty of singles. Still I go alone, sit alone, and leave as soon as the service ends. I know I would never make small talk with anyone after the service so why stay and waste time? If you want to serve then talk to an elder and see how you can help. In the end you have to be there for the Lord and not for anyone else. If you really want single friends then you might have to attend a larger church.

Dude stay around and make small talk, its how you make friends.

mmmm...why would I need to go to church for the lord?
God dosnt need me...I need god.
GOD is all powerful, all knowing. God has everything and knows everthing already.

it is I that lack women and wisdom. With Gods help i can get laided...man.

If I cant practice faith, courage and love at church. Then how in the hell am
i going to practice it anywhere else?

Whats the piont of listen to all those god **** sermons If I'm not going
to apply the teachings or principles of the teachings?

I seriously dont thinks god wants me to be lonely
Adam was lonely as fcuk....so god made hin Eve.

And if god didnt intended for me to fresia. God woulnt had gave me balls and a dick
and a desire to seek women....It's built into me.
God could had easily created tenticles on my fucken forhead to shoot out sperms.
Or have man vommit out sperm or some other ways of reproducing.

So if i run into a woman at church that god sent into my life. She's a god send.

Are you trying to worship, find friends, or help the community? Worshiping could be done alone or in a church that you agree with, finding friends can happen anywhere doing anything, and helping the community is definitely not done in a church. XD Churches raise money to help themselves build stupid fountains that waste water by squirting it up into the air only to land on the pavement, they don't help the community. You could help the community by volunteering to clean up parks, plant trees, or feed the homeless in a soup kitchen.

SkuzzieMuff said:
Churches raise money to help themselves build stupid fountains that waste water by squirting it up into the air only to land on the pavement, they don't help the community.

that simply isn't correct.

in fact, most charity is private (not public) and is directly supported/funded THROUGH churches and other places of worship.

should get your facts straight before you making a statement like that.

almost every church (place of worship) has a food pantry in the basement, a place for battered women to sleep (if need be), and many other forms of "charity".

I still think of my last church as "my church" even though I moved away from there a while ago, because I was fairly involved there. I worked in the children's worship dept. We had a food pantry and special Christmas tree- each ornament listed a gift wish for somebody living in a shelter, and we'd all pick out ornaments to satisfy. We had rummage sales and the money we raised went to various organizations for the poor. A few years ago, somebody stole six of the air conditioners for the building (yea, big old church) and instead of just buying new ones, we sat in the heat and kept doing what we'd been doing for community outreach.

Rayboy said:
I moved to a new location 3 years ago and was trying to find a church. I went to many different ones, but I had one problem. I am a single man in my 30s, and I felt so isolated seeing all the married couples my age there with children. I want to do good things and help my community, but feel like an outsider. What suggestions do you all have to help me a contribute to my fellow person?

If it's a good church, they'll accept you. Sure, they're probably conservative and they'll ask you "why haven't you been able to marry yet?" but you can then tell them you are having a hard time. Find a church in which you feel comfortable in.

Yes. Churches raise money for many reasons.. Those kick ass looking churches with fountains in a kick ass court reqires molaaa.. TAX free molaaa.

Lots of churches reaches out to the community to help people in need.
Money plays a role but also volunteers
or man power to provide services...

Money is not the root of evil..
its the greed and self centerness of man himself.
It also pedends on the style of teachings
and the inturputation of the indiviual himself of the message. Too much guilt and shame or brim stone and hell fire..is kind like motiving a person with a thread.

anyway..The first time I kissed a girl was at a church summer camp.
I also used to make out with a girl
after sunday school after church..while people were having pot lucks.
She was my pot of luck..:p

blackhole said:
SkuzzieMuff said:
Churches raise money to help themselves build stupid fountains that waste water by squirting it up into the air only to land on the pavement, they don't help the community.

that simply isn't correct.

in fact, most charity is private (not public) and is directly supported/funded THROUGH churches and other places of worship.

should get your facts straight before you making a statement like that.

almost every church (place of worship) has a food pantry in the basement, a place for battered women to sleep (if need be), and many other forms of "charity".

I can only use my own experience as an example. Though, I left out that the church also used it's money to buy a bunch of flat screen T.Vs and renovate a room for a new Cafe'.

SkuzzieMuff said:
I can only use my own experience as an example. Though, I left out that the church also used it's money to buy a bunch of flat screen T.Vs and renovate a room for a new Cafe'.

you can.

but you didn't say "my church" in your first statement.

you said "churches".

around these parts, that's called a generalization.

but since it bashed religion, it's probably ok. don't worry.

Latest posts

Back