Google Voice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I wanna start out by saying this is not intended in any way, shape or form what-so-ever an advertisement or an endorsement of any kind... I'm not sure what type of rules this forum has about posting about a web service, and admittingly at my fault for not looking it up, so that's why I wanted to start out by saying this...

Now that's out of the way, has anyone used a service provided by Google called "Google Voice"? I've been using it for a while & I really liked it... I think it's only available in U.S. as of now, though I could be wrong... When you sign up, it gives you a virtual phone number & you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone or other phones if you wanted to... You can even set up voice-mail through them so you don't even have to answer it... It gives you an option to have your actual phone ring at certain time of the day as well... I thought it was a safer way of giving out your phone number without actually giving out your real phone number... You even have an option to "reject" a call from certain numbers & they won't even get through... I admit the voice quality isn't always the best but it's a free service so I can't really complain... I use it for work purpose... Anyone use it? Or anyone use similar type of service?

I suppose it could be useful. On another note I find the things Google create pretty annoying, it's turning into one of those corporations who want to take over the world. I bought a new phone the other month and it was loaded with Google garbage, it annoys me because it's like they assume you'll be using their services and nobody else's.

9006 said:
I suppose it could be useful. On another note I find the things Google create pretty annoying, it's turning into one of those corporations who want to take over the world. I bought a new phone the other month and it was loaded with Google garbage, it annoys me because it's like they assume you'll be using their services and nobody else's.

Yep. I had the same experience. And I ended up uninstalling all those google apps. I don't want to use them, don't find the appeal either. But I guess it works out for some.

Latest posts

Back