I've been using Mind UK - want to make people aware of it.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 150037

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I know I haven't been on this forum in ages - ever since I started using Mind UK, I have kind of put this forum on the backburner. I don't know if there has been any mention or affiliation on the board, but I just thought I would tell you all that they have been helping me a lot this year, and it sounds like many people here would benefit from their service.

I don't know if they run outside the UK - many of you probably just use alternative services anyway. I just thought I'd let you all know hwat a positive change it has been for me. They offer phonecalls, zoom calls, emails, and have crisis centers.

I know there isn't much chance of anyone on this forum being in my area, and I've probably ticked off the admins by doing this, as this is technically advertising. (If it is, apologies to the admins)

HeWhoWalksAlone

Last edited:
I can't speak for the admins, but Mind UK seems like a legit mental health organization. Stephen Fry is it's current president and they're non-profit, so it can't be bad lol

???

Of course it is. I've been using it.
I meant it in the sense that they aren't advertising or selling anything, so I wouldn't really consider it to be any kind of sollicitation. It's another mental health website, so it's a perfectly legit thing to make people aware of. If it helps, it should be talked about.

I used their penpal service for a few months, exchanging letters to an elderly gentleman who sadly died after covid :( he was a widower and simply lonely with a very enjoyable writing style and full of humour and memory relating. A friend put me onto them and regulary uses their phone link service, making morning chats a regular approach, I haven't used their phone service but I suspect it is very valuable to alot of people, to have someone to motivate them.

I found MIND easy to aproach for letter writing/exchanging mail. I would consider using them again.
I reccommend local volunteering as well, if socializing is something you need to find or need a more active approach (I understand this is not for everyone or where some disability might limit this as a realistic choice).

Latest posts

Back