Greetings from an outdoors enthusiast

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friendly hello to any readers. I just turned 30, I am a male originally from the midwest US. Always been shy and quiet. Loneliness sort of came on gradually for me, as all my friends got married and hid away, I fell behind. Meeting people is difficult for me... I am not a bad person but I can be eccentric and I guess it repels others.

The outdoors became something I could count upon to be there. Any other hiking & camping fans around? The hobby grew for me to the point, I just finished traveling the US for a few months living out of my tent and my car. Even though I was alone I made many awesome memories.

Hello and welcome!

mountainhare88 said:
Any other hiking & camping fans around?

Absolutely! Since I was four years old I've been hiking & camping with my father and myself and I love it! I was travelling in my country Finland (little smaller than US :p) with my car last summer and stayed many of the nights in my tent as well. :rolleyes:

Welcome!
I'd have loved to go on a tour of the US, camping and hiking, it sounds awesome! I'd be too scared being on my own though, but I think that's because I'm a woman. Well done you!

Hello both to humanz and icarus. It was definitely exciting, there is nothing like seeing special places and discovering new special places you didn't know about.

I tried to prepare myself for any potential confrontation with "mean" people, but nobody ever bothered me in a bad way. It was a pleasant surprise!

And also hello to you missguided... didn't mean to exclude you.

welcome!

ive been camping and boating all my life too. i think my family did it alot because its a cheap vacation lol. but in southern ontario, canada.. where im from, there is no shortarge of nice spots within a reasonable drive.
ive sort if graduated to cottages more now tho since my old back dosent like waking up on a rock lol.
im into just dropping a canoe into any place i think i can get into and seeking out places other boats cant go.
maybe sit for an hour silently waiting for a turtle to poke his head back up.
i walk all day long at work so hiking doesnt interest me as much. i like to find a good spot and chill or jump in a boat and drift.

I'm a big fan of the outdoors as well. Right now I'm traveling through South America though, North America is next on the list.

Hi Walley. That sounds pretty close to the boreal forests. I have never been but I think that area seems really neat, a great place to water activities especially. One of my favorite episodes of Survivorman was the one filmed there.

Hello Will, South America would be a great place to go. Hope you got to see Iguazu Falls. I think that's how its spelled. And of course all the Andes.

its actually a bit further south. ive been in the north quite a bit but its alot more barren and bug filled.. so unless you are searching for pristine place when there are no signs of previous visits from humans then you may want to stick to the great lakes region. any thing north of that has a very short summer as well.
stdprod_091419.jpg

you sound awesome.

as a brand new member I was coming into this forum to make a similar thread. I'm a bit younger [24] but I completely feel you on always at least being able to rely on nature and the outdoors.

I used to go out into the natural landscape with friends, but after high school friends mysteriously got busy, turned to hard drugs, and many of my new friends just didn't really dig the outdoors. Thus, I began seeking ways to entertain myself. Luckily our world is vast, beautiful, and ever changing!

Latest posts

Back