Greetings, new member here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

advena

Reaction score
Hi, I am struggling with anxiety and agoraphobia which makes it difficult for me to go out to socialize. I have let the fears get the best of me and now I will only go out to a very few places. I look back on my life and I used to have a challenging job, friends - I even went to the gym not too long ago. I found this site through Psych Central and I guess I'm here because I'm lonely and scared. Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you to and I hope you find it comfortable here there is many good people here. I am sorry you have anxiety and have to deal with the agoraphobia that comes with it. I understand how it feels at one time I had it myself. My cure was to stop drinking anything with caffeine. Sense its a drug it affects the body and its very understood caffeine makes anxiety worst even. Its also been known to be the source cause of anxiety in some cases.

So if you drink alot of coffee or more then one soda a day. Cutting back will help extemely don't quit on it cold turkey it will lead to caffeine withdrawal. That will only cause your anxiety and other things to get worse. By cutting it down in half every week slowly the body will adapt to those levels and won't be has affected nor addicted to caffeine. Keep going forward and do all the postive things you can it will help with alot it did for me I hope good things can help you out has well.

Vinan said:
Nice to meet you to and I hope you find it comfortable here there is many good people here. I am sorry you have anxiety and have to deal with the agoraphobia that comes with it. I understand how it feels at one time I had it myself. My cure was to stop drinking anything with caffeine. Sense its a drug it affects the body and its very understood caffeine makes anxiety worst even. Its also been known to be the source cause of anxiety in some cases.

So if you drink alot of coffee or more then one soda a day. Cutting back will help extemely don't quit on it cold turkey it will lead to caffeine withdrawal. That will only cause your anxiety and other things to get worse. By cutting it down in half every week slowly the body will adapt to those levels and won't be has affected nor addicted to caffeine. Keep going forward and do all the postive things you can it will help with alot it did for me I hope good things can help you out has well.

Thank you for this. I do drink a lot of coffee and have been wondering if I should quit. I've heard green tea has a substance in it that is good for anxiety. Sounds like its time to switch from coffee. I like your advice to taper off, though. Thanks again.

Hey and welcome!!!
Hope I can be of some help!!!
And don't be scared, I don't bite!!! (unless it's a full moon)

Welcome Advena :) You've come to the right place, plenty of nice people around!

Enjoy your stay :)

Latest posts

Back