Group Dieting? (for self-esteem boost)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckyplatypus

Reaction score
I started dieting just before Christmas (really poor timing, btw), and am wondering if anyone else would care to join me? I have found that the mere activity of tracking my weight (and body fat percentage, which is really more relevant) has caused an immediate boost in self-esteem, and I expect that boost to keep rising, obviously.

I have an account at a site called loseit.com which I chose for the great price (free), beautiful design, and equally beautiful iOS app. The reason I ask for other people to join me is for motivation. If your results are out there for others to see (not the whole world, just your friends on that website), then you'll feel more accountable to follow through. Also seeing others lose weight makes it feel more achievable.

And please be genuinely overweight. I'd feel bad if someone wanted to join in who had body image issues (anorexia, etc.). Get a scale with BIA (bioelectrical impedance; around $50) to measure your body fat percentage and you can see how much you are in the overweight or obese range, and where you should be (do a Google search for a chart that will show where you should be based on gender and age range).

If you have poor self-esteem like I do, or even if you don't, and you're overweight, there's no reason for you not to try! I've been meaning to reach out to people to join me for a while, and finally decided to do it and that this would be an appropriate place. I can share the details of the diet that I'm using that's nutritious, filling, and fantastic for fat loss, and some strategies I've been using to keep myself motivated.

whate we eat influences what we feel. from simple things like sugar. eating healthy may not be tasty satisification but if u do, u ll reap the rewards. such as boosted self esteem.

Latest posts

Back