Gym membership! Hooray!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duality

Reaction score
Well, I'm putting this topic on this section because I think it's a positive thing that I'm finally a member on my local gym. I've been wanting to do that for a long time, and I finally did it! My ultimate goal is to get bigger and have more muscles, and maybe that'll boost my self-esteem and finally have a lot more courage to talk to girls. And also, I do this to get healthier. So yeah, that's my rant for today. :D

WOOOOOOT!!! AWESOME!! :D

HELL YES, you go for it!!! ^_^

Just make sure to use a spotter for the heavy stuff and be safe.

FUTURE GOAL:

weightlifter.png

Good luck with it. :)

Or do what I do. Explain to women that a six pack is best enjoyed in beer form.

Anyway, nothing wrong with getting fit, so good luck Duality :)

get fit get big! awesome ;)

I have yet to start my routine, but I did grab a summer membership @ school. now only to force myself to go...

good luck!

Badjedidude said:
Just make sure to use a spotter for the heavy stuff and be safe.

Dude, the first time I went, I tried the bench press, and I thought I could lift 50 lbs. I didn't know that the bar itself would be heavy, and I almost crush myself! And the people there didn't seem to care! So I just threw in on the floor, and replaced the weights with 10 lbs only. Embarrassing experience. :p

Hahaha awwwww well at least you learned from it. Yeah...the bar is usually about 35-45 pounds by itself. :p

If you don't already have a workout buddy, I'd suggest putting up your name, number, and max bench lift amount (for reference so that you can find someone of similar strength) on the bulletin board or wall. Most gyms will have an area for announcements and such....so put your info there, asking for someone to work out with.

That's a good way to find someone to spot you...and also it's important because when you work out with another person, you'll push yourself harder. It sounds dumb, but it's true. :) Even guys who aren't exactly "type-A" will push themselves harder (in a good way) when exercising with other dudes....and it's good to push yourself and get past strength boundaries.

You probably know all of that anyway, so I'll shuddap now. :p But good luck on your journey into the world of health and fitness! ^_^

Latest posts

Back