Halloween and other upcoming holidays.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autumntranspire

Reaction score
Hi there! I'd like to know what others plan to do for the holidays around the world. :) Anything new and exciting? For me here in Washington I am going to decorate my house for the first time. Maybe hand out candy for Halloween. Any one know what their costume is going to be if they are celebrating? I really enjoy the holiday season, so it's something I am getting geared up for!

Halloween is my favorite time of the year, though I don't do much. I usually help my brother decorate our mom's house. We've been doing that for years now. Other than that I don't do anything for Halloween :( I'll be watching TV looking for specials.

I used to take my son out trick or treating every year when he lived at home. Then a couple days later we'd celebrate his birthday. :) After that would come Xmas. During Nov. to Jan. I was always broke because I was forever buying gifts for my son. lol

It was a real change since my son left home. Christmas is the worst.
I send money for his birthday and Xmas. But I'm alone for Xmas now and there's no more tree or presents, or fancy dinner. I get very depressed. I am alone and don't know what to do about it. I hate being alone. No son, no friends, just 4 walls and a computer only. I never thought life would changing so drastically. But I never thought my son would leave home so soon. We got along extremely well.

If I wasn't so poor I'd get dressed up in a costume and go to the bar for Halloween. I always enjoyed going out and dancing all night.

Sci-Fi said:
Halloween is my favorite time of the year, though I don't do much. I usually help my brother decorate our mom's house. We've been doing that for years now. Other than that I don't do anything for Halloween :( I'll be watching TV looking for specials.

You should do something different this year. Think outside the box, quite literally. :) Decorate your place, hand out candy.

aribeth said:
I used to take my son out trick or treating every year when he lived at home. Then a couple days later we'd celebrate his birthday. :) After that would come Xmas. During Nov. to Jan. I was always broke because I was forever buying gifts for my son. lol

It was a real change since my son left home. Christmas is the worst.
I send money for his birthday and Xmas. But I'm alone for Xmas now and there's no more tree or presents, or fancy dinner. I get very depressed. I am alone and don't know what to do about it. I hate being alone. No son, no friends, just 4 walls and a computer only. I never thought life would changing so drastically. But I never thought my son would leave home so soon. We got along extremely well.

If I wasn't so poor I'd get dressed up in a costume and go to the bar for Halloween. I always enjoyed going out and dancing all night.

This is how my dad was for a while. He would get dressed up with us and take my siblings and I out trick or treating. We never had much money so we usually made our costumes but I remember these times well because he was is an awesome dad who is still a kid at heart. :)
No tree on Christmas? Well I'm pretty sure I'll be alone this year on xmas as well but I am totally getting a tree and decorating. That is the best part if you ask me.. just feeling the spirit. I encourage you to if you can get a tree this year and decorate. I always go to the thrift store to get my little things to put around the house. Sometimes I make a big batch of apple cider and hot chocolate and take it to the church because they give out food for the homeless. So there are always nice ways to get your mind off of things. I certainly hope this years holidays are just freaking awesome for you. :)

I never been to a place with good Halloween atmosphere.
The one big event I am looking forward to is a white white christmas - one that is accompany with snow.

I meant halloween is not really celebrated over here - hence the not much atmosphere.

I always have ideas. But they never come to fruition for some reason.

Halloween:

I have Two ideas for this. I'd like to dress up really well and Trick Or Treat for Charity. Due to sweets being given, it would be practical to do something for a Children's Charity, so they could take the sweets and money at the end. Another idea would be to do something my Mum has never done. I'd like to decorate the front of house just a little. Nothing too dramatic. But enough to welcome people. Then I'd like to put aside a load of sweets and money for kids. Be the door they remember like I used to when I did it.

Christmas:

I've always liked to take responsibility financially for a Christmas. I'd like to pay for a load of food, drink and sweets. More then we usually have. I'd like to get a load of nice new decorations to replace the old shoddy ones. I'd like to buy some nice presents that my family would really appreciate. Of course, the costs of this would probably run up to over a thousand pounds. So really I just need a steady job for a while and this will be sorted.

Gutted said:
I always have ideas. But they never come to fruition for some reason.

Halloween:

I have Two ideas for this. I'd like to dress up really well and Trick Or Treat for Charity. Due to sweets being given, it would be practical to do something for a Children's Charity, so they could take the sweets and money at the end. Another idea would be to do something my Mum has never done. I'd like to decorate the front of house just a little. Nothing too dramatic. But enough to welcome people. Then I'd like to put aside a load of sweets and money for kids. Be the door they remember like I used to when I did it.

Christmas:

I've always liked to take responsibility financially for a Christmas. I'd like to pay for a load of food, drink and sweets. More then we usually have. I'd like to get a load of nice new decorations to replace the old shoddy ones. I'd like to buy some nice presents that my family would really appreciate. Of course, the costs of this would probably run up to over a thousand pounds. So really I just need a steady job for a while and this will be sorted.

Well don't put yourself out trying to do things. There are always other ways you can do generous awesome things. :D
I kind of want to do something similar for Halloween. I like to bake.. so maybe make some cool looking halloween cookies. Christmas.. is another story. I really hope that you do something you enjoy though.. that would make me smile knowing that.

Veilside05 said:
I meant halloween is not really celebrated over here - hence the not much atmosphere.

Oh I apologize. I wasn't sure where you were located. What about Christmas? Any plans?

Halloween is my favorite time of year. I deck the house yard with graves. Fog and strobe light. I have so many decorations. And yet I keep buying more! :)

Looking forward to carving a pumpkin too.

Already carved a couple pumpkins and baked some cinnamon sugar seeds. :) And most likely trick or treating with my son on halloween. He will be Frankenstein...I will be a vampire.

Latest posts

Back