Hanging out with friends- I'm desperate!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a High School senior and I am pleased with my popularity in school and the amount of friends I have.

My problem, however, is that I don't spend much time with these friends outside of school. I am lonely on the weekends when I have nothing to do and when school is out. I try to keep busy by going to the gym but I still yearn for friendship. This calendar year I have only hung out with a friend outside of school 2 times.

My shrink tells me that I have to invite them over to my house first and they will then return the favor. I don't feel comfortable with this for a few reasons:

-I feel like I will bore them. There is not much to do at my place besides play video games. I can't play loud music and I'm not really comfortable with them seeing my house.

-I feel like they always have something to do. Be it work or plans with someone more cool than myself or a big party. I feel as though I am boring.

My only option it seems is to just ask them if they can have me over. As I mentioned before, they are very busy, so I would have to ask them many times over the course of many weeks. I don't want to come off as desperate but that's what I am!

Help!

If you are uncomfortable with having people at your house, why don't you suggest that you all meet up someplace else, like the mall or a park, or Barnes and Noble or somewhere. Hell, when I was in high school we usually ended up at McDonalds's. lol

Lame, I know, but we were there mostly to hang out and talk than eat french fries. :p

Good luck!

Yes, that is another option I am considering. One of the 2 times this year was at a church event and I enjoyed myself. Any other feedback would be nice.

Do your friends ever mention that they're going to get together outside of school?
I just find it hard to believe that they've never asked you to go out with them :p.

Anyways, like CTF has already said . . there's many other places to hang out besides your house.
Try inviting them out to one of those places she's already mentioned.

You said you work out, ask your friends to join you, or ask if you can join them when they go to the gym.
Say that you need a spotting partner.

Latest posts

Back