Happy childhood?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelloy

Reaction score
It seems to me that alot of adults with social problems have had a rough childhood or been subjected to something unpleasant as a child.

So, what was your childhood like?

Mine was okay, lots of friends, until about the age of 11 when the bullying started. My mom did the best she could to provide a good home for my brother and I. Our dad was a deadbeat.

Mine was both happy and unhappy. My Mom died when I was little, and my Father was an abusive jerk. From the age of 9 until 16, I spent very little time at home. I hardly even ate there, and left completely when I was 16.

But I did have plenty of people who looked out for me and gave me support and encouragement. Teachers, friends and girlfriends were always more of a family to me than my actual family ever was. My childhood would have been a nightmare without them.

Both good and awful.

I'm extremely lucky that my mother and her family were/are very decent caring people. Unfortunately she passed away at the beginning of last year after a 6 year battle with cancer.

My childhood was great even though my family had some financial issues while my siblings and I were young.

Despite that though, I had my brother and sister, plus my cousins that came over from the Philippines and good friends.

Thank for the replies,

It's been proven that childhood plays a big part in a persons entire life.

It would be good to see some statistics on it... like how many people with shitty childhoods come out perfectly fine and vice versa.

I know alot of people who have terrible childhoods and do ok but alot that do have issues ranging from low-self esteem to full blown drug addiction and suicide attempts.

I wonder.....

It was horrible! Just horrible. :( All were so mean to me, I was just a crying child... And why, well.. Parents divorced before going to first grade and then all the mean children started to bully me because I cried and then they just knew more reasons to bully with time. No friends, no sympathy. Thankfully it's past. :/ 9-10 years of hell.

I guess I'm still in my childhood, but I doubt the future will turn out well for me, if it's based on my life right now.

I don't think I had the worst childhood but for some reason the negative stuff is what I remember the most.

I had my issues but overall it was pretty great. I'd say the problem was my adolesence.

It had it's good moments but I had issues with people picking on me and isolating me. I learned to keep to myself and hid any problems, even from family till later on in life. My sister and I were kinda latch key kids.

Bullied in schools across the world from when I was about 9 until I was 15. Still dealing with the fallout from that to this day (28 now).

niave said:
I don't think I had the worst childhood but for some reason the negative stuff is what I remember the most.

So I'v been AWOL for a while but thanks for all the replies. Seems the majority have had a rough time at some point... either childhood or teenage years.

Agree with this ^^ always seem to remember the terrible things

Latest posts

Back