Happy Thanksgiving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Joseph

Reaction score
I won't repeat the Christian heritage background I detailed last year for this American holiday, but do encourage others to give thanks, glory, and praise specifically to the one true God who's responsible for our many blessings.

Tis the season to have your life choices mocked at the dinner table.

Happy Thanksgiving you lot!!

Tis the season to have your life choices mocked at the dinner table.

Happy Thanksgiving you lot!!

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. It's definitely being thought, even if it isn't being spoken out loud.

I can only hope my brother can try to not paint us in a totally terrible light, to his wife.

The sooner today is over, the better. At least the food will be nice.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. It's definitely being thought, even if it isn't being spoken out loud.

I can only hope my brother can try to not paint us in a totally terrible light, to his wife.

The sooner today is over, the better. At least the food will be nice.
I feel for you mate, it'll be my turn in a few weeks, enjoy the food and have a grand day

I feel for you mate, it'll be my turn in a few weeks, enjoy the food and have a grand day

Well, the day went OK, I guess. I ate way too much, but I went for a 5 mile walk afterwards, so hopefully it doesn't do too much damage.

I'm going out with friends tomorrow night...planning to slow my roll on the brews, maybe I'll switch to tea instead. I don't want to soak my brain again, and I took in way too many calories today.

So did I, and two pieces of pie. And a glass of wine.

I probably could have just had one plate and a little extra stuffing, I feel like Jabba the Hutt right now.
I ate a plateful of food earlier, there wasn't that much honestly. After I was done, I was a full full girl

Well, the day went OK, I guess. I ate way too much, but I went for a 5 mile walk afterwards, so hopefully it doesn't do too much damage.

I'm going out with friends tomorrow night...planning to slow my roll on the brews, maybe I'll switch to tea instead. I don't want to soak my brain again, and I took in way too many calories today.

I came back from seeing my friends today, and I'm glad to say I practiced moderation. I had a few beers but I consciously chose not to go all-out. And I paced myself with water throughout the whole thing, so I didn't wake up with a hangover this morning. That's another thing, I actually got up in the morning today, instead of being in bed until the afternoon. Finally, it kept conversation as the main point of it all, instead of drinking. There have been times in the past where I'd have so much I can't remember what was real, or what was a dream, or what my mind just made up. Not this time, though.

I don't know if it's me getting older, or just a feeling of "been there, done that" and not wanting to deal with all the calories and hangovers anymore. I think that I don't want to undo my work on my health, and I don't want a headache. I still enjoy beer, but it's not fun or cool to feel like garbage the next day.

Also, I went for a walk Thanksgiving night, another walk yesterday, and a run tonight. So I'm starting to chip away at the holiday calories.

Latest posts

Back