Has anyone get a treatment for low self-esteem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Ice

I was told by our school psych that I should try it but I cannot see how conversations with psych could help lift up my low self-esteem. Psych just listen and asks annoying questions, how that should help the issue?

Anyone who have had "only" this kind of problem? Was it helpful?

Psychologists do more than "ask annoying questions." They help you to look at your problems and thoughts from a different point of view, so that you can maybe think about your situation in a new way and solve it better. And simply telling someone about your problems can also make you feel a lot better.

I have never personally used a therapist or psychologist... but lots of people believe that they do help quite a bit, so... it might be worth trying, at least a couple of times.

Just make sure to do some research if you're worried! You can look up or ask what different therapists' specialties are, for example, and what their method/philosophy is. And remember if you end up not really working out with someone you can switch to a different one.

Or do you have to use the school psychologist?

I have to use public servises, I cannot choose where I go. I called there and asked what is the point of that and they just told "that depence about the case"... No any help from there.. I get the feeling it is not worth to try. That is why I asked if someone is found it helpful and how.

Well, sometimes you need a outside opinion to help realize how good you really are. Therapy allows for a opinion that's not biased like one from a friend or family member. And they can show you ways to like yourself more that maybe you've never tried or heard of.

And, like ThinkPositive said, you can always quit going if you think the first two sessions have been a waste of time.

Noone will help you until you want it at the first place. And theoreticly those guys should be the ones to make you wish changes not flowing. personaly i didn't see any of such people, but one friend of mine did found such guy. though she was going from one to another in years, so finding good one is a problem.

Ofcourse you could be changed by something/someone else too, the problem is the same - to find something that will help.

mmmm....It's SELF -esteem not other people's esteem.
Send me fucken $100 and I'll tell ya there's nothing wrong with ya. :p

If you belive there's something wrong with ya, you're not deserving, good enough and a bounch of other honeysuckle
that gose on in your head. Wheather you got that crap from other people or you tell yourself bad stuff about yourself.
It other words you were conditioned (programmed) by others or by yourself and it gets reinforced.
Then it simple became habitual for you to think and belive a certain way.

Well....stop that honeysuckle. It's simple as that.

Think of your poor self esteem as ingesting some contaminate bullshit (food).
You are not your food. Learnd how to separate yourself of this.
You are you. You are not your low self esteem.

Change your thinking change your life.
It's beyound possitive or negative thinking...it's healthy/correct thinking.
It might take a little bit of time and effort on your part to change your conditioning.
It can be easy or it can be difficult.
As i stated...if you belive it's going to be hard..then it's going to be hard.
If you belive it's going to be easy...then it's going to be easy.
We live in accordance to what we belive. Or it's a self fullfilling profiecy.

I'm the honeysuckle man!!! :p

Lonesome Crow said:
mmmm....It's SELF -esteem not other people's esteem.
Send me fucken $100 and I'll tell ya there's nothing wrong with ya. :p

LMBO!That was very funny.

You know LonesomeCrow there is no tools, there is no options, there is no other model. There is only one form.

Those books what I have read says this and that, that is bullshit. People can use only things which is given. Human brains suck something, make electrical connections and works like forms order.

If environment not change, if there is nothing which gives a change to create new forms, things stay like they are.

It is ridiculous thought try to get people believe in something which does not exist. That is like asking atheist believe in god.

But thanks for the post.

You don't believe your self-esteem exists? Or do you just not believe you are a good person? There must be something about yourself that you like. Even just one small thing.

People don't know themselves as well as they think you do some times it takes another person to help you see what you hide from yourself.

I don't remember where I've heard that before but it seems thats what therapists do.

Latest posts

Back