Has the election devastated your friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the blessing of the government, the news media, and the popular culture, it has become okay to attack a certain type of person just for existing. This type of person supposedly represents "the majority." What they fail to realize is that once you unleash that sort of negative energy, it can't be indefinitely controlled or otherwise contained. It's very sad where this is all heading. My eyes are open, but many others are walking around completely blinded drinking the Kool-Aid.

Very well put. 

I just find the protesting insane. You had every ability to change it and you didn't. That smacks of some serious hypocrisy.  I am willing to allow peaceful protests (thought it just makes them look stupid) but not anything that costs me tax dollars to control or is violent. 

I am concerned about the press. They are way off the rails from reporting and I feel they are creating the anxiety in people.  They get rights to report the news not their inflamed propaganda opinion.  They are actively scaring people and laying it at someone else's feet. Insane. They haven't once reported on what Trump has said his plan is. Instead they just make crazy suggestions and say things like "people are scared." As if that is Trump's fault.  Obviously the plan is to keep people scared needlessly so they will do their work of substantial opposition for them.

I suppose I am glad that I saw this as I didn't think it was so bad before the election.

As for my friends, I think I am done with them. I have always felt I couldn't speak or say certain things. One of the board members is a teacher and there is just no way I can say anything negative about her profession but she has no problem complaining about mine.  But the thing is now, I am really thinking they are stupid.  I mean I respect their right to think something but often they don't seem to seriously question anything and go based on "emotion."

At work, in December we have the opportunity to be further apart from each other so hopefully that will provide the space needed.

If it has devastated my friends, I don't really care. This honeysuckle is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it is. EVERYONE is entitled to their on opinions. EVERYONE has the right to vote for whoever they want. NO ONE has a right to be judge someone based on who they voted for or their beliefs.

It doesn't matter who won the election, there has never been a president who everyone was happy with. There has never been a president in our lifetime that hasn't messed up. There will never be a president in our lifetime (or likely anyone's) that will not fresia up.
Instead of everyone bashing everyone else, maybe we just need to look at all the things that could go right.

TheRealCallie said:
If it has devastated my friends, I don't really care.  This honeysuckle is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm sorry, but it is. EVERYONE is entitled to their on opinions.  EVERYONE has the right to vote for whoever they want.  NO ONE has a right to be judge someone based on who they voted for or their beliefs.  

It doesn't matter who won the election, there has never been a president who everyone was happy with.  There has never been a president in our lifetime that hasn't messed up.  There will never be a president in our lifetime (or likely anyone's) that will not fresia up.  
Instead of everyone bashing everyone else, maybe we just need to look at all the things that could go right.

I got to admit, that's a hell of a post.

322076.jpg

Not all Trump supporters are racists, bigots and misogynists, but all of them decided that racism, bigotry and misogyny weren't deal breakers. And that's pretty much why my friends/acquaintances and I are all sad about this farse of an election.

I'd never find myself in the position of losing friends over politics, because I only choose people who share the same core values as I do. E.g. people who shrug at Trump's sexism and bigotry just aren't people I can respect and thus get along with. Everyone are entitled to their own opinions and values, and I can accept that there are people who think very differently on these issues, but I just can't be friends with them. And there's nothing wrong with that. I've heard of people not getting along for way less significant reasons than core values.

Every president had their "fresia up" moments just like any other human has in their personal life, but people assuming that trump is going to fresia up and he's not been in office in two weeks already planning pre burial is only showing that you can't give anything or anyone a chance in life. Give the guy a chance.

soresoul said:
Every president had their "fresia up" moments just like any other human has in their personal life, but people assuming that trump is going to fresia up and he's not been in office in two weeks already planning pre burial is only showing that you can't give anything or anyone a chance in life. Give the guy a chance.

Sorry to correct you but Trump has not been in office for even a day yet. He doesn't take over until January.

I've blocked a lot of people from talking to me because they voted for Trump or lean to that racist/bigoted direction.
At work, we just tell them to go back to their seat and leave everyone else alone.

At work, we just tell them to go back to their seat and leave everyone else alone.

Wow, you're serious about that aren't you. Please, reconsider what you're doing there. Don't do that to people; they don't deserve it.

blackdot said:
I've blocked a lot of people from talking to me because they voted for Trump or lean to that racist/bigoted direction.

I applaud this. We need to stop normalizing the growing racism and bigotry that Trump is leading on.

Tuathaniel said:
blackdot said:

I applaud this. We need to stop normalizing the growing racism and bigotry that Trump is leading on.

I don't mean any offense at this, but isn't that what you're doing concerning him and his team?  Not the racism, just the bigotry....

TheRealCallie said:
I don't mean any offense at this, but isn't that what you're doing concerning him and his team?  Not the racism, just the bigotry....

Yes, totally. I'm actually quite bigoted against racism, xenophobia, anti semitism and sexism. And I wish more people were that, as well. There are some things we really shouldn't tolerate.

Tuathaniel said:
Yes, totally. I'm actually quite bigoted against racism, xenophobia, anti semitism and sexism. And I wish more people were that, as well. There are some things we really shouldn't tolerate.

You see these terms thrown all over the place by some people and some outlets, but with little to no evidence given for it. There's the thing; maybe people don't deserve what you applaud because the accusations aren't really anything more than that?

Tuathaniel said:
TheRealCallie said:

What happens if an anti-xenophobic stance leads to immigrants with sexist cultural attitudes and anti-semitic leanings?

Tuathaniel said:
TheRealCallie said:

But the truth is that you must be very immature - there isn't a slick of evidence that he is racist or an anti semite. Now you can characterize America first as Xenophobia but you can just as easily not. These words were thrown around by the press in the election but sadly -- it was irresponsible. The danger of prejudice is making judgments about people without giving them the chance to have them judged by their actions. Not labels. The thing about labels is that they are easy to smear with and hard to disprove. They allow people to feel all superior without earning it.  I just hope someday someone falsely smears you so you can know how it feels.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Tuathaniel said:
TheRealCallie said:

But the truth is that you must be very immature - there isn't a slick of evidence that he is racist or an anti semite. Now you can characterize America first as Xenophobia but you can just as easily not. These words were thrown around by the press in the election but sadly -- it was irresponsible. The danger of prejudice is making judgments about people without giving them the chance to have them judged by their actions. Not labels. The thing about labels is that they are easy to smear with and hard to disprove. They allow people to feel all superior without earning it.  I just hope someday someone falsely smears you so you can know how it feels.

I agree.  Not only that, but I hope there is absolutely nothing in your past that can be later be used against you.  I'm not saying Trump is perfect or that he hasn't made any mistakes in the past, but no one is perfect and it's likely that you have also made mistakes in the past or there's something that you are ashamed of.  Don't judge someone based on things that happened decades ago.  Don't judge someone based on what the media is saying.  Do your homework. Don't just look at the sides making the claims, look at the whole story.

The country swings left then it swings right and back and forth. Obama swung hard left, now we are swinging back. So what? It all keeps the country in the middle. Don't fret.

The only thing I need to judge Trump are his deplorable Tweets, his speeches and his debates. There's no "biased media" involved, that's straight from the horse's mouth. But by all means, keep on attacking people who stand up to bullies, if it makes you feel better.

Okay I think this thread, as the others before it which have be closed, has run it's course. People are starting to insult each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back