Hate being Asian

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovehurtme said:
This thread actually made me more depressed (if that is possible). I wish I was Asian (or anything else). I hate being what I am. Black women at not at the top of anyone's list. Life is depressing. Enough of my self loathing, Chris, please does not hate being Asian. You have a rich history and culture. You are cute, and you come from beautiful people. Celebrate yourself. You rock.

Is this you in that avatar by any chance?

Anyhow, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being black. It's just a different skin color, ya know. So, I'm white, d'you think it helps me any? Now girls who suffer from progressing alopecia like me are most assuredly not on anyone's top list. Or, heck, even bottom list. And that's the knowledge I live with every day.

^^^^Oh my gosh! I had alopecia too! Alopecia Dermatitis! It has sub-sided due to medication, and I am growing my own hair back, SLOWLY!! So I wear wigs in the mean time, and of course other women (mostly black women) love the tell people in public places that I am wearing a wig. It is very embarassing! I keep praying for my hair to grow faster, but it won't. I feel your pain Silvernight, TRUST ME, I know exactly how you feel. Don't let it get you down. Hair is not everything. They have very nice wigs now, and a real man will look beyond your hair.

lovehurtme said:
^^^^Oh my gosh! I had alopecia too! Alopecia Dermatitis! It has sub-sided due to medication, and I am growing my own hair back, SLOWLY!! So I wear wigs in the mean time, and of course other women (mostly black women) love the tell people in public places that I am wearing a wig. It is very embarassing! I keep praying for my hair to grow faster, but it won't. I feel your pain Silvernight, TRUST ME, I know exactly how you feel. Don't let it get you down. Hair is not everything. They have very nice wigs now, and a real man will look beyond your hair.

Geez, I can't believe people can be so mean. :( I really feel for you, lovehurtme. Seriously, if anyone started telling around the corners about my hair problem, I'd want to strangle them. This is something I'm extremely touchy about. I don't wear a wig (yet anyway) but it would literally kill me if I had to. Even more so because I engage in sports where wearing a wig is impossible (well, sure unless you want it to fly off at the most inopportune moment). Hair may not be everything but it's a **** big part of feeling normal and attractive for a woman. Without it, feeling attractive is pretty much impossible, saying the contrary is merely a last-ditch attempt at self-placation.
I can only wish you the utmost success with your hair regrowth, I know too well what this means. ;)

OMG....I feel embarassed. Arggg...I should have read this thread earlier, sorry for what i have said in my reply lovehurtme. Hummm....Asian....honestly not the well loved of races =)

Don't feel bad. I have grown some hair, but I still want to grow it more. I get extensions sometimes. I think in a year or so (if the medication doesn't stop working), I should have hair that I am comfortable wearing on its own.

yeah, thats what I want to see positivity...lol although I am not much of a positive person myself =P

I hope you read this OP.

Im six foot two and can grow a beard in about 3 days.

I've NEVER had a girlfriend.

Its not the height, trust me.

im white, 5'10"

i shave daily though... sucks. i feel like im losing the battle. i shave it, and it just grows back with a vengeance. thicker, and fuller, and quicker...

Why hate who you are? There is not anything you can do about changing it. Just accept it and make the best of it.

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt just how we play the hand"
- Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

There's a pro and con in every scenario.

DrawingCircleCircles said:

True!. Like i have a gorgeous all year around tan, but then there are some racist people that want to kill me because of it :p

Punisher said:
DrawingCircleCircles said:

True!. Like i have a gorgeous all year around tan, but then there are some racist people that want to kill me because of it :p

Whereas I, in all of my pasty-white glory, am not exotic enough for some people. :p

The grass is always greener...

It depends where you fall on the Asian pyramid.

Honestly this is just my cut throat opinion.

But there are more Asians in the world than anyone else...

So....

There are ranks/levels/classes/locations/etc that have to be identified.

You cant just walk around saying you hate being asian until you specify what kind of Asian you are, like where your from and a few other distinctions...

Like if you say youre Japanese, Id be like hell no you kick ass

But if you say something like, Cambodian, (I'd not agree) but I would understand

Above anything you should love yourself but if you want the break it down we can do that too :)

(Sidenote: My boyfriend is Chinese, overall he is the best person I have ever met, but...he can also be a jerk)

People never like what they are. Tsk Tsk.

I am quite attracted to Asians and have had sex with quite a few of them, as well as just about everyone else. Im an American white girl, and I once dated a guy for a few months from India. Not just an Asian man, a foreign Asian man, and it was awesome. His name was Anmol ( spelled right ???) . He liked it that I was a little bit crazy. He graduated from college, though, and dissapeared without really saying goodbye :( But, if I wasnt married I would definitly do it again as Asians are alright with me. But if youre like Black or Icelandic or something thats cool too just use protection :)

And Stay in School, kids !!!

[size=-3]This has been a public service announcement from the committee of racial and sexual ambiguity, and the white girls who love dark meat[/size]

you're ONLY 5' 8/12", huh? try being mexican. a real mexican. most of us are only 5' 5" or shorter. i'm one of the taller ones. i'm 5' 7", so you're taller than me. what i wouldn't do for an extra 1 1/2" in height. the wiskers on my beard stick out like the thorns on a cactus. people's eyes sparkle and their jaws drop when they hear me speaking in perfect, sophisticated english because they thought i only spoke español. you think asians have it bad? try being latino in america. america doesn't really like us and won't really accept us unless we're american. there's no room for our unrefined homeland cultures in america. and as bad as we think we have it, blacks, jews, frenchies, and people from the middle east will tell us otherwise. america is a great melting pot of cultures, but it's one that she herself hasn't grown accustom to stirring. no offense to all the white people.

nobody likes what they are. most of us would rather be taller, or thinner, or handsome, or darker, or lighter. the media is great at convincing us what we should look like if we want to live an abundant life... just like hitler. forget about all that bullshit and make the best of what you have.

i wish you well.

I've been married to a Japanese man for nearly 20 years. We've had some rough times in the last year or so, but he is still the most beautiful man I've ever layed eye's on and our two kids are knock-outs as well...

freedom said:
you're ONLY 5' 8/12", huh? try being mexican. a real mexican. most of us are only 5' 5" or shorter. i'm one of the taller ones. i'm 5' 7", so you're taller than me. what i wouldn't do for an extra 1 1/2" in height. the wiskers on my beard stick out like the thorns on a cactus. people's eyes sparkle and their jaws drop when they hear me speaking in perfect, sophisticated english because they thought i only spoke español. you think asians have it bad? try being latino in america. america doesn't really like us and won't really accept us unless we're american. there's no room for our unrefined homeland cultures in america. and as bad as we think we have it, blacks, jews, frenchies, and people from the middle east will tell us otherwise. america is a great melting pot of cultures, but it's one that she herself hasn't grown accustom to stirring. no offense to all the white people.

nobody likes what they are. most of us would rather be taller, or thinner, or handsome, or darker, or lighter. the media is great at convincing us what we should look like if we want to live an abundant life... just like hitler. forget about all that bullshit and make the best of what you have.

i wish you well.

Couldn't have said it better my friend!!! Great post!

freedom - I agree that being Latino is the Us is really really hard, especially because of the current climate. People are so messed up these days ! but I also think being Black is probably really really hard, as well. there are so many rascist people here ! So many people who hate for no reason ! Im just a white girl, so I cannot empathize, but I do sympathize !
__________________________________________________________________________________________

One time, not long after 9/11, I crossed the street to my Aunts house without fixing my hair after the shower. I had a towell rapped around my head in the same fashion that most people do when getting out of the shower...

and one of my cousins FREAKED on me

calling me a "towellhead"

I ******* HATE PEOPLE

the end

-K

It doesn't matter what race/religion/gender/sexual orientation/etc you are, bigots will always find a reason to hate you.

njlonelydude said:
It doesn't matter what race/religion/gender/sexual orientation/etc you are, bigots will always find a reason to hate you.

If I had a nickle for every time I was called a d*ke, I could buy all of those cornpone backwards hillbillies houses right off the bank that really owns them, and burn then to the ground.

Latest posts

Back