have no one???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilE said:
Does anyone else have zero friends and no significant other either? I am talking about both online and in real life. Real life can be people you hang out with, chat with, text, whatever. I never had a gf and worse never really had friends since I was a teenager. I never go out with anyone, i don't talk to anyone on the phone, and I don't text anyone either. And on the internet it is the same, I don't instant message with anyone, or skype, or none of that, the most contact I have with people online is through emails or messages. 

This is not by choice, my depression, anxiety, and social phobia make it so hard to meet people or be normal. One thing is that I never had any luck with women at all, but to not have friends on top of that always hurt me and made me feel worse. Being completely alone is killing me slowly, making me more isolated and exacerbating my mental conditions. I wish so much to have friends, but it seems no one really likes me or wants to ever be my friend. I would love to talk to people, be around people, but it is hard to do and when I am around people I tend to feel anxious and like a misfit or that I don't belong, or that I am not wanted. 

Most people I know have either friends or a significant other, or both, but I don't know anyone that has neither, such as myself. So for anyone that does not have friends or a significant other, how do you survive and cope? Because it really brings me into the stages of grief, despair, and hopelessness, and I don't know how I can sustain this.

kind of feel the same as you do, it's sad and depressing but you know a thing, never loose hope, hang out, be part of some activity, a group . if they deach you, try again and again until you find the people that would love you and accept you the way you are. Those anxiety and phobia issues are not a problem, the real problem is if you were a bad person  arrogant selfish ...., you are still young, the great life is still to come , be optimistic and never give up 😊😊😉

NewOrder2016 said:
This is not by choice, my depression, anxiety, and social phobia make it so hard to meet people or be normal. 

There is a difference between having a hard time, and not being able to do anything about it. How many people from all the people that you know, have the people they want in their lives.. people who were first strangers who were approached by a cold approach?
I will answer that question for you! very few. 
I know people who have friends and spouses, they arent happy people. They can socialize with the people they know, but they are not happy and want someone else in their lives.
So aim high, not low, even if you have nothing.
Lesson 1: 
"Aim for the moon, if you miss, you hit the stars".

Being completely alone is killing me slowly, making me more isolated and exacerbating my mental conditions.

Really?!!?
I have been alone for longer than you have. I am 32 and I am alone (no family, close relationships, distant relationships, online friends..nothing!) for over a decade. I havent felt more isolated and my mental condition is even better than it was with the awful people that I was surrounded with (especially family and relatives). How do you explain that distinction between you and me?
That is because I set my social expectations high enough so they are reasonable. Society came up with that idea that loneliness exacerbates your mental conditions. Did you know, that some psychiatrists recommend being alone because it lets you heal?
Let me tell you about things that exacerbate your mental conditions, the following relationships situations when you are not alone:
- Break up with someone you thought was perfect.
- Losing a close friend that you have been friend with him for years.
- Finding that your friends are idiots, very different from you or treacherous.
- Having a mother who hates you and tells you that she never wanted you.
- Having a father who doesnt care about you, even when you are abused by people who are close to him.
- Having an awful sister, who drags you into difficult situations.
- Working around people who are different than you, non caring, difficult to cope with.
- Being with people or friends and wishing you had different friends or spouse.
I could go on, but you got my point that being alone is not the worst thing on the top of your list that should lead to 'mental problems'.
Adapt your social expectations, dont set them to what the society thinks is right. Be alone as much as you like, let relationships happen.. put some effort, but not all your effort (mental and physical). Otherwise you will hurt your self-esteem.. if you put too much effort in chasing people. Pleasing people all the time, will exacerbate your mental conditions..loneliness does nothing to it.
Lesson 2:
"I dont know what the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" ...

Because it really brings me into the stages of grief, despair, and hopelessness, and I don't know how I can sustain this.
Dont set yourself boundaries where you can break. It does nothing, and it is self-defeating.
Lesson 5:
"If it doesnt kill you, it makes you stronger"

Wow, very powerful and insightful description of an approach anyone can take when dealing with the issues loneliness and isolation can stir up. I really like what you said here.

lilE said:
Does anyone else have zero friends and no significant other either? I am talking about both online and in real life. Real life can be people you hang out with, chat with, text, whatever. I never had a gf and worse never really had friends since I was a teenager. I never go out with anyone, i don't talk to anyone on the phone, and I don't text anyone either. And on the internet it is the same, I don't instant message with anyone, or skype, or none of that, the most contact I have with people online is through emails or messages. 

This is not by choice, my depression, anxiety, and social phobia make it so hard to meet people or be normal. One thing is that I never had any luck with women at all, but to not have friends on top of that always hurt me and made me feel worse. Being completely alone is killing me slowly, making me more isolated and exacerbating my mental conditions. I wish so much to have friends, but it seems no one really likes me or wants to ever be my friend. I would love to talk to people, be around people, but it is hard to do and when I am around people I tend to feel anxious and like a misfit or that I don't belong, or that I am not wanted. 

Most people I know have either friends or a significant other, or both, but I don't know anyone that has neither, such as myself. So for anyone that does not have friends or a significant other, how do you survive and cope? Because it really brings me into the stages of grief, despair, and hopelessness, and I don't know how I can sustain this.

I wouldn't ever say that I have no one (simply because I do believe in God) however I consider myself to have many acquaintances but no true friends. I have a pretty close relationship with my Mom and fairly close to my brother. I can also call my grandma if I so desire. But yes, there are times I can go through a whole day without receiving a call or text from anyone. It gets to me...if I let it. ::) I have been consciously choosing to fight my depression that stems from perceived loneliness. I focus on other things and all that is going right in my life. My health, the trips and travel I am planning, my new job (or future career goals), and hitting fitness goals. 

Just remember that having people around you doesn't fill the void inside. It just means that you there are bodies around you for a certain time. Connection is what you seek and you can certainly find it. However, you are a worthwhile person before and after that connection is established.

I'm about to hit 27 pretty soon. Currently I have 0 friends. And never had any sort of relationship. I used to have friends* I guess, but they were more aquantances (I cant spell). I'm too shy around women, I'm pretty self concious about some stuff, like my small dick. Lol jk i just had to say that, maybe someon here would get a laugh lol

Latest posts

Back