Have you ever feel this way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lingo

Reaction score
Have you ever feel like your life is suddenly empty and has lost direction?
I am feeling it, now. and I don't know what to do!
What should I do?

That's a good question. I think all of us feel that way sometimes... perhaps that's why we're here on the forum? There are a couple of things I can think about.

First, what is your overarching goal (or what was, perhaps) that drives you to keep on keeping on, so to speak? I know that I want to get my professorship, so that makes me trudge along through the coursework and the dissertation. Maybe thinking of your long term goal will help... as the cliche goes, "this too shall pass."

Secondly, what remains the same? Sometimes when something earthshattering happens, we tend to believe nothing will ever be the same. However, aren't some things still the same? Maybe if you dive into your routine, it'll give you some comfort of normalcy. Like, the worst thing you can do when someone close to you dies is to totally shut down, quit going to work, etc.

Finally, are you a spiritual person? I am, and find that spending some time in quiet reflection, meditation, or even prayer can be quite beneficial.

I hope some of this helps...

ahhh trying to find out where you fit in in life. :) I think we all go through this. You just have to find your passion in life to develop a sense of purpose and a direction.

I guess so~~~~
I just finish my final year project which I had been busy with for a year. Probably, that's why I feel so lost!
Thx for the advice, guys. I will keep in mind. =)

oh, well yeah! Of course! If you've just completed something on which you've been focusing for so long, no wonder you feel bewildered and lost! It's like me at the end of a semester!!

I felt like that for while. I couldn't really do anything about it. It was a situation I couldn't really control, and it passed now.

Now I just feel like I'm going nowhere fast.

Great job for finishing your goals.

Changes are hard for everyone...sometimes we lose our idenity
if we emmerse ourselves into something...it's okay.

Just keep moving forward. Stay teachable and willing to grow.
More dreams, more goals you can enjoy doing or achieve.
Maybe take a little time out...then you're creative ideas or the muse
will come.

Embrace the boredom..it too shall pass.
It's sort of like a catipillar going into a cacoon stage before it turns into a butterfly.

One door close and another one open.

The best songs has been sung.
The best book hasn't been written.
The best movie hasn't been shot.
The best food hasn't been baked.
The best PC hasn't been designed.
The best automobile hasn't been built.

lingo said:
What should I do?

Yeah, I'm like on a cycle where I am fine for a week or two and then I feel like that for a week or two. Especially now since I finished the semester and now have nothing to do until January. Oh well. I think the key is positive thinking and trying to see that there is plenty of time for my life to change and get better.

Thx for all the reply guys. I am picking up a mini course for now.
I guess I will probably busy again but I guess I will enjoy it.
Thx for all the reply~~~.
Love u all. =)

lingo said:
What should I do?

I don't know if this will fit into your situation. When I do get down and have those empty feelings. I contact a relative. One that I have a good or funny memory of. Just contact them and mention that time to them. It will bring back a happier time with someone that will relate to it. After I do this, it does seem to help for a while.

I am so sorry that I don't have any advice. If I did, I would be doing it myself!

Ever since breaking up with my husband almost 7 years ago, and having to move from a city to the suburbs, because I had to move in with family because I couldn't afford my own place, I feel like my life has been derailed. I feel I have absolutely nothing worth living for. My family and 3 phone friends are great to me, but that is not a way I can fill up my life.

I have to find hobbies or something that will fill the emptiness and loneliness, and it is so difficult since I am disabled and don't drive so I don't get out much.

I tried Singles Dating Sites, and had about 20 dates in the past years, but I never connected with anyone. That is an area too, which I feel empty and depressed about. No one is going to knock on my door and ask me out!

This life is great, if you don't weaken--and it is very hard to be strong!

I've felt lonely and lost in this world my whole life. I never worked steady, or really had any ambition to want anything much except get some public aid and food stamps. I just manage how I can.

Latest posts

Back