Hello from Christchurch New Zealand

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiardyeo

Reaction score
Hello there!

I might have to do this introduction in 2 parts, as it is 4am and I need to go to bed. I will have to do part 2 tomorrow.

I don't know why I joined up with this forum. I'm not actually lonely! I feel comfortable being alone...too comfortable being alone!

But, wait, I take Prozac because I suffer from clinical depression. I need to create some freindships and I feel a sort of an affinity with "lonely People", because they tend to be 'real' and 'unpretentious'.

Despite my depression, I am an upbeat sensitive empath with a positive attitude to life. I strive to be understanding and supportive of others.

Will you judge me? Or will you accept me on this forum?

Will be back tomorrow.:)

Still Part 1.

I am a male who loves to dance and I will be turning 53 years old on the 4th of March. I also like to read, walk and play Civilisation 4 (computer game).

Will be back tomorrow.

hi there,welcome here

Shiardyeo said:
Hello there!

I might have to do this introduction in 2 parts, as it is 4am and I need to go to bed. I will have to do part 2 tomorrow.

I don't know why I joined up with this forum. I'm not actually lonely! I feel comfortable being alone...too comfortable being alone!

But, wait, I take Prozac because I suffer from clinical depression. I need to create some freindships and I feel a sort of an affinity with "lonely People", because they tend to be 'real' and 'unpretentious'.

Despite my depression, I am an upbeat sensitive empath with a positive attitude to life. I strive to be understanding and supportive of others.

Will you judge me? Or will you accept me on this forum?

Will be back tomorrow.:)

Still Part 1.

I am a male who loves to dance and I will be turning 53 years old on the 4th of March. I also like to read, walk and play Civilisation 4 (computer game).

Will be back tomorrow.

Uh...oh...ok...

I've been away feeling my depression strong, so could only get back to you now for part 2...

New Years Eve

In Christchurch, on New Years Eve, we usually have a count down in the Square and then some fireworks (very fiffley compared to Sydney's New Years Eve fireworks, mind you).

This year, we were all feeling a little shakey, due to a series of Earthquake aftershocks on Boxing day, where other damage and new cracks began to emerge in our city since the 7.1 earthquake on September 4.

I was in a bar around the corner of the Square, having a dance to some techno-ishy sound track, where there was one beautiful blond 20-ish female dancing alone in the middle of the dance floor. So, I joined her and started dancing to the rather elaborate dance beat.
She asked, "Are you making fun of me?"
I replied, "Ahhh....nooo...I'm trying to warm up to the beat, but I'm not quite there yet."

So, I get dancing with this beautiful blond girl on the dance floor. I get warmed up....My body lets go into spontaneous sensual waves of rhythm...and it's: "yea baby, I'm in 'Zone One' again!" So, I might be pressing on to 53 years old, but when I dance, all this youthfull exuberance
bursts from me and I feel this glorious sense of wellbeing. It is a blessing from God!

I'm not bragging; I'm just in awe. How do I do it?

But, nothing helps my dancing better than lots of young people dancing with me. Then, later on, I get this big hug from the beautiful blond girl (phew!).

So, I buy a Jim Beam and Coke and head of to the outdoor smoking area. Sitting down and relaxing, I get talking with another beautiful girl who was also dancing with me earlier. I say to the girl, "I really need to dance because I suffer from clinical depression."
She says, "Really? I suffer from depression. I nearly committed suicide a week ago."
I say, "Uh..oh! Don't do that honey! You are far too beautiful and precious human being to be ending your life so drastically! Sounds like the classic teenage rollercoaster. How old are you?"
She admits she's 18. Turns out she works on a farm and is good at what she can do with the animals.

Then, just before midnight, I head into the square. There is a band playing away. I get back into dancing. "Hey baby, it's time to do the 'Quake Shake' - yeaaa!" Once I start dancing, lots of other people start to dance with me... and sway...and take pictures of me with their new cell phones. And even the quiet and complacent asians began to dance.

So, once the count down came and the fireworks spangles the skyline, people were already in the right mood.

Happy New Year Everybody!!!​

Latest posts

Back