Hello from down under

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
St Thomas Anglican Church? You mean the one right smack in the middle of town.... geez, I'm up to date... how did I not know that? Iv only lived here for 26 years. Oh well haha

We have camel riding on the beach and there is putt putt golf and indoor rock climbing and indoor laser tag and full blown skin-splitting skirmish... what am i whinging about right? Its a pretty awesome place to live, especially for raising children.

I dont mind a drink or 2 but not at all in the pubbing/clubbing thing or getting myself written off, not my idea of fun, losing my ability to speak or walk properly, vomiting and not remembering stuff the next day.... not to mention you actually pay for the experience.... ODD! haha:club:

What do you do for kicks then Paulie?

Hey nelloy how you doing?

Yes, what is all the whinging about, it seems like a fine place to me. :)

But anyway I just read your response on another thread and I'm a bit the same...because I tend to poke fun at things people think I'm a bit weird, or so I assume.

I really only have two people I hang with and they are my cousins (they're brothers) and we have lots of fun together. Could repeat some of the insults but your computer would back flip. Beyond that there is really only my brother who I do things with occasionally, 4WD-ing at the beach, car repairs on stuff that isn't broken because he's a qualified mechanic (boys hey?). But he has a 5 year old daughter now so it's hard finding time.

I think that will do for now. Best.

Hey and welcome, i totally agree with you about the small talk thing. I wish there was some kindve card we could get that said something like . Hey how are you? I want to get to know you but i really dont care about the weather or the new grass seed youre using in your lawn lol. I dont know i agree though there should be a better way of meeting people. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Paulie said:
Hey nelloy how you doing?

Yes, what is all the whinging about, it seems like a fine place to me. :)

But anyway I just read your response on another thread and I'm a bit the same...because I tend to poke fun at things people think I'm a bit weird, or so I assume.

I really only have two people I hang with and they are my cousins (they're brothers) and we have lots of fun together. Could repeat some of the insults but your computer would back flip. Beyond that there is really only my brother who I do things with occasionally, 4WD-ing at the beach, car repairs on stuff that isn't broken because he's a qualified mechanic (boys hey?). But he has a 5 year old daughter now so it's hard finding time.

I think that will do for now. Best.

Typical boy things then? I'v never understood the fascination with cars.... Probably because the mechanics of it all just confuse me, long as it goes without leaving me stranded on the side of the road somewhere im happy.

Being different in some way always seems to get people labeled as 'weird' i reckon, it starts in school with kids as young as 5.... they see someone different and shy away or worse, poke fun. Adults pretty much do the same thing, 'you're different, i dont understand you, ill avoid you' Its a shitty attitude considering the most awesome people are different and somewhat 'weird'

I have a few good friends and am close with my family and thats good with me. A bit like you, very close with my sister and my mum. I dont see the point in having a ton of 'friends' who are only friends for the sake of having friends... haha does that makes sense? Probably not but society says we should have friends and so most people will be friends with anyone just so they can say they have friends. Personally i Dont give sh*t what society says... the ***** has no idea LOL

Enough of my ramblings, Bye for now

alohdrahon said:
Hey and welcome, i totally agree with you about the small talk thing. I wish there was some kindve card we could get that said something like . Hey how are you? I want to get to know you but i really dont care about the weather or the new grass seed youre using in your lawn lol. I dont know i agree though there should be a better way of meeting people. Hope you enjoy the forums.

People are interesting, small talk is not... yet again society says its rude to ask personal questions until your close enough to a person for them to be comfortable with it.... How then do you get close to a person without sharing some personal stuff? Odd world

nelloy said:
People are interesting, small talk is not... yet again society says its rude to ask personal questions until your close enough to a person for them to be comfortable with it.... How then do you get close to a person without sharing some personal stuff? Odd world

Yeah i know its crazy right? I try to be a really open person, but that scares people away too, they think youve got some kind of ulterior motive lol.

Coffee is my reason for waking up in the morning.... well not quite but it helps to get outta bed when i know my beloved coffee is waiting in the kitchen for me haha

Criminal minds the best. How awesome a job it would be. I find humans very interesting...

Nelloy I think cars suck as well, coffee is good so long as it's proper coffee and not the instant rubbish, and I know nothing of Criminal Minds as I very rarely watch TV.

What's it like up good old P.M. today? Cold and very overcast here, can't make up its mind if it wants to rain or not.

Hey Paulie,

Was the same here today, cold, overcast and generally YUK! Not a fan of winter. Spent the day (third day straight) studying... fun.... Writing WHS reports is always fun.. NOT. Will be happy when its done.

I dont watch alot of TV either but do have a few shows I like. I'd rather read or listen to music or be outside doing something.

Where abouts in Newy are you? I have family in East Maitland, I used to live near the uni at Jesmond about 8 years ago. I like Newcastle, more to do than Port because its alot bigger but not so big that its overwhelming. I dont like the major cities at all. Melbourne is fun to visit sometimes but I'd hate to live there. I like the relaxed-coastal-town lifestyle.

Anyway, chat soon

W.H.S? Workplace Health and Safety? Love how they changed it from "Occupational" to "Workplace" though it's all the same difference.

I'm not far from Glendale which isn't far from Jesmond. Yes, not too big like crappy Sydney yet not too small either. It seems just the right balance here.

Yes, Work Health and Safety. I could go into the details of changes made from the old legislation but I wont. I'm done with that assignment now and I wont look back ;-)

I actually took a TAFE course at Glendale. Newcastle is a good size and still has good beaches, unlike Brisbane and Melbourne. Sydney may have decent beaches but is still complete crap in my opinion. I hate the place.

I dont do Skype but feel free to PM whenever.\

Hope you're holding up OK

Oh ok there are changes other then a word. Thought it was all cosmetic just to window dress. Lots more nonsense, right?

I'm a bit bored and you got me curious so I'm going to google P.M. now.

Yup, just jumped on google maps and remember going to Settlement City Shopping Centre about 10 years ago. Very nice place up that way.

How you doing by the way?

It is nice up here, good place to live.

Im good, cold to the bone... could do with some proper heating. Why someone would build a house with no fire place or at least gas connections for gas heating, is beyond me. Anyway, I do do things other than whinge and complain.

The question should be how YOU doing?

Latest posts

Back