hello from london!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abracadabra

Reaction score
hey all,

My name is Khalid and I'm (relatively) new to this great old city of London. been in and out of it a few times, and it looks like i'll be staying here for a min of 3 years for now.

have always struggled with loneliness. currently i dont know anyone and to be honest dont really know how to know anyone.

im a student, studying medicalley things (lets leave it at that shall we)

looking forward to meeting people, preferably from london. also aim to make some sense of the pain that i've gone through in the past, frustrations about family and role models that i felt have let me down and to cope with the massive amounts of work that uni demands of me.

like i said, ive been in and out of this town. lets just hope i'm staying here for good (for the 3 years nonetheless)

adieu and god (or whomever. im atheist myself) bless!

abracadabra said:
hey all,

My name is Khalid and I'm (relatively) new to this great old city of London. been in and out of it a few times, and it looks like i'll be staying here for a min of 3 years for now.

have always struggled with loneliness. currently i dont know anyone and to be honest dont really know how to know anyone.

looking forward to meeting people, preferably from london. also aim to make some sense of the pain that i've gone through in the past, frustrations about family and role models that i felt have let me down and to cope with the massive amounts of work that uni demands of me.

like i said, ive been in and out of this town. lets just hope i'm staying here for good (for the 3 years nonetheless)

Hey, I'm from that neck of woods. You should look for a small job or clubs to meet new people. Maybe suggest a quiz night for uni friends, its a nice way to bond over a pint. Where you based roughly? maybe I can help.

:) BC

I hope this place helps you! :) I'm still struggling myself right now but I'm always a listening ear for people. Hope you meet lots of friends here. :)

Hi there, thanks for the reply everybody! im based in East London, near Mile End, Bill. where are you based at?

thanks wallflowergirl83 for the encouragement. what goes around in this forum anyways?

abracadabra said:
hey all,

Nice to meet you!

Welcome!

abracadabra said:
Hi there, thanks for the reply everybody! im based in East London, near Mile End, Bill. where are you based at?

thanks wallflowergirl83 for the encouragement. what goes around in this forum anyways?

I'm North based, Camden and Muswell Hill area, although not there at the moment unfortunately but should be heading back shortly...

Hoxton and Shoreditch are great places for a night out in London. The Geoffrey museum is only down the road too. Nice place to visit on your own or with friends. Plus Stoke Newington is down the road, Church Street is an amazing place to visit, great cafes and pubs and has a lot of down to earth creative folk so its probably one of the least pretentious places in London, when you need to get away from the daily fake crap head there.....

hope that helps.. :)

Oh do you do any sports like badminton, football, squash or snooker, etc...?

oh im very familiar with all those places. used to do some stints in that part of town.

and the Geof is a beautiful place. certainly somewhere you would bring someone to impress them.

what line of work are you in Bill?

abracadabra said:
oh im very familiar with all those places. used to do some stints in that part of town.

and the Geof is a beautiful place. certainly somewhere you would bring someone to impress them.

what line of work are you in Bill?

Hey, I was in TV for five years but I left it and London some months ago to travel a little an think about what to do next... you?

Latest posts

Back