Hello out there...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainGhost

Reaction score
I just joined so I figured I'd say a little about myself and why I'm here.
I'm 33 years old and female. I live with my boyfriend of 13 years and my two children, ages 11 and 6, in Texas.
I'm sure I don't have much to say that hasn't been said here a million times, but I'm extremley lonely.
I have some times where I'm just lonely for someone to talk to but most days the loneliness seems to run much deeper then that. It makes me feel empty and restless and I never know what to so with myself.
I don't have any friends. I know people but only as acquaintances...not to mention I'm a stay at home mom so that makes meeting people even harder. Sometimes I think people avoid women like me, ones that stay at home, do house work and care for children, because they assume we are boring and can only talk about dinner recipies and toilet training.
Me and my boyfriend aren't close and i avoid conversations with him about myself and the way I feel because he says I complain to much and gets angry easily.
I live in a small town, there's not a whole lot going on here and the neighbors keep to them selves.
Online I'm a member of a few discussion forums and social sites like experience project, and I try to be active but I mostly feel overlooked and ignored.
I don't know if I've lost the social skill required to make friends or if there's just something about me that people don't like.
Whatever the reason though I've decided to try here in the hopes something might be different.
Thanks for reading :)

MountainGhost said:
I'm sure I don't have much to say that hasn't been said here a million times, but I'm extremley lonely.

I'm sure you have much to say that hasn't been said yet. We live different lives and we learn different things from them. So your story will always be new.

MountainGhost said:
I have some times where I'm just lonely for someone to talk to but most days the loneliness seems to run much deeper then that. It makes me feel empty and restless and I never know what to so with myself.

I can't really advise you on what to do. If you'd live in bigger city, there would be always more opportunities. But I don't believe that there are no lonely people around you. I know that finding them is another problem. Well, I can't think now about any solution, but I don't think that there is none as such.

MountainGhost said:
I don't have any friends. I know people but only as acquaintances...not to mention I'm a stay at home mom so that makes meeting people even harder...

Sometimes I think people avoid women like me, ones that stay at home, do house work and care for children, because they assume we are boring and can only talk about dinner recipies and toilet training...

It is sad. However, you may try to think about your situation differently. First, let's not assume that other people necessarily think that you're boring because you stay at home, etc. I'm pretty sure that it's only a small minority who think so. We tend to live under the pressure of our masculinised culture, which tells us what is exciting and what's not. I'm inherently feminist male :)

If you happy with what you do, you should be proud of it, and you could talk about it more with us. If there are other things you are interested in, it's also a good place to speak it out and to see who else shares your dreams.

MountainGhost said:
Me and my boyfriend aren't close and i avoid conversations with him about myself and the way I feel because he says I complain to much and gets angry easily...

Have you really complained? Why does he think so?

MountainGhost said:
I try to be active but I mostly feel overlooked and ignored...

I don't know if I've lost the social skill required to make friends or if there's just something about me that people don't like.

Hopefully, you will not feel overlooked and ignored here.

Try not to think that there is something wrong with you or that people can't accept you as you are. You probably have never lost your skills. It's just that you have less opportunities than others, and you are a bit confined within certain limits.

Try with us then. And don't forget to say about what you like, and maybe about your expectations.

Do you have a garden? I dream of having an apple orchard at some point in my life (it seems so distant dream though)

Lovesong by The Cure does also make cry (or almost :)

Hi MountainGhost,

looking through your today's posts, I'm so glad you are back!

All the best then!

rivermaze said:
Hi MountainGhost,

looking through your today's posts, I'm so glad you are back!

All the best then!

Hi rivermaze, thanks so much for the welcome!
I don't have a garden but I have a few pathetic plants in pots out front. They are all just about dead now...I don't think anything could survive this Texas heat and the drought, no matter how I water them.

MountainGhost said:
Hi rivermaze, thanks so much for the welcome!
I don't have a garden but I have a few pathetic plants in pots out front. They are all just about dead now...I don't think anything could survive this Texas heat and the drought, no matter how I water them.

It's good to think that we usually cope better than your plants. You do for sure.

I'm aware that we're different, and I would never be able to understand what you're coming through. But, although I'm in happy relation, I question it sometimes. I think it's healthy, whatever the outcomes are. I have noticed that friends help to see everything more clearly, and they're best to support. Hope you'll find some shortly! (or maybe you've found someone already :) )

Latest posts

Back