hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecatlady

Reaction score
Can someone say hello. I currently need to distract myself from my own neuroses.

P.S. Does anyone have a strategy for dealing with moments of intense agitation? Not exactly panic, but just feeling very upset and knowing that the distress is coming from your own head. I get this frustrated, boiling churn in my stomach that I don't know what to do with except walk very far aimlessly and even that doesn't get rid of it.

:( (((((futurecatlady)))))

I think there are various ways of trying to deal with that horrible feeling in your stomach, depending on what works best for you. Sometimes it's good just to let yourself cry and cry until you can't cry any more. That used to help me a lot, many years ago, and still helps me occasionally today. I also found in the past that listening to extremely heavy metal music (eg. Slipknot) at maximum volume for a few minutes would help me release the pain bottled up inside me. Whatever works for you!

I'd also like to reply to your diary thread:

futurecatlady said:
I am honestly amazed by the patience of the people on this board. I have complained to no end about a number of different things which are insignificant compared to the real struggles some people face on here, and yet all I have received is nothing but virtual hugs, sympathy, and support. I am too afraid to drone on about my problems to my friends because who needs to hear it? But, all I can say is that having an ear that is actually listening to what I'm saying is such a relief, even if it is only online.

That being said, I feel bad posting on the other boards because I always feel bad about complaining.

You should never feel bad about posting here! We can't really support each other unless we let each other know how we're feeling. It's not a matter of patience, it's a matter of feeling compassion for the suffering of others. So keep posting here. (((((futurecatlady)))))

Futurecatlady--
Never feel badly for sharing your real feelings with others. I think it takes a lot more courage to tell what hurts than to simply pretend everything is fine, I think it's what sometimes divides the folks who make it through their issues to a better place and those who get lost in the sorrow.

Hi, I too feel bad complaining to people about my problems. I just walk through life feeling like I don't really belong. Except for when I am at work I am almost always alone. I can't seem to reach out to people. I think my friends have given up on me because I have rejected them so many times.

catsrok said:
Hi, I too feel bad complaining to people about my problems. I just walk through life feeling like I don't really belong. Except for when I am at work I am almost always alone. I can't seem to reach out to people. I think my friends have given up on me because I have rejected them so many times.

I sometimes feel this way . Rather, I don't really have trouble making friends but I have trouble keeping them or becoming closer.

Hi futurecatlady!

JOG!!! Jogging/Running is an excellent remedy for whatever frustrations or negative feelings you may have. People have said it is and for me personally running so fast just happens to cloud my mind so I avoid thinking about any problems.

On rare occassions I get agitated when I'm about to sleep.

futurecatlady said:
Can someone say hello. I currently need to distract myself from my own neuroses.

P.S. Does anyone have a strategy for dealing with moments of intense agitation? Not exactly panic, but just feeling very upset and knowing that the distress is coming from your own head. I get this frustrated, boiling churn in my stomach that I don't know what to do with except walk very far aimlessly and even that doesn't get rid of it.

Hello!

Escapism works for me. I used to read loads but that kind of lost its appeal a couple of years back, now it's obsessively playing computer games... which is also losing its appeal lately (dammit)... so any sort of TV show that's not a total pile of crap. Or even ones that ARE a total pile of crap.

Escapism is king. (or queen lol)

Thanks as always for the kind comments! Ugh, it's my own idiocy that's put me in this mess. I wish I could smack some sense into my own head/heart. Yeesh. Sometimes I make myself sick.

hi there !

I hope you feel better. You're not an idiot, everyone gets upset sometimes.

I am a currrent cat lady , so I thought I would introduce myself.

welcome20cat.jpg

I think i know just how you feel futurecatlady. 3 days ago i was feeling incredibly lonely, very aggitated and had the same stomach feeling, also couldnt decide what to do because my mind was racing, too preoccupied with demoralizing thoughts..... =(

So i actually found this website and here i am. I continue my post with a belated "Hello".

Walking is, in a kind of way, a good antitode. If I feel aggitated I try to blow of steam in the gym or just playing some kind of violent video game. I thought about taking up karate but I placed that thought somewhere in my mind maybe one day to pick it up again.

Latest posts

Back