Hello.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elgin

Reaction score
Hello:
F/28/USA

I just ended a 3 year relationship. He wanted to get married and I didn't. I feel guilty now. I don't want to date anyone else. I just don't want to marry him or anyone right now. I feel sad. Maybe something is wrong with me. I have been reading in here for a couple of weeks and it seems like a good place to share this.

Oh, lady, give yourself some time! It's very normal that you want to have a meaningful engament, but you've got a plenty of time and chances to find the right person for that.

I don't think there's nothing wrong with you. Welcome!

I don't think there is anything wrong with you either. Some people just aren't into the whole marriage thing. You sound committed to him and hopefully he understands. Who knows maybe someday you'll just be like, heck yeah lets do it.

Welcome to the site. :)

Welcoem to the site!

I just had a similar experience, we were together for 3 years aswell. I too feel pretty bad about it at times...

Anyway, don't be down too much! There's nothing wrong with you, both of you just wanted different things :)

hey and welcome. dont be too hard on your self. like sci-fi said, some people just arent into the whole marriage thing.

Thank you all for the welcomes. I do care for him. I just don't know if it is enough. I know some of my friends got married and most of their marriages are either over or almost over. My own parents get along ok but they have been bored with each other for as long as I can remember. They have both cheated on each other. I just don't think this whole marriage thing works most of the time. I almost think it is better to just live with each other and when the boredom comes you can just leave.
My ex also wanted kids and I don't want to have to figure out what to do if one of us wants out of the relationship. The kids always suffer when that happens.

Elgin said:
Hello:
F/28/USA

I just ended a 3 year relationship. He wanted to get married and I didn't. I feel guilty now. I don't want to date anyone else. I just don't want to marry him or anyone right now. I feel sad. Maybe something is wrong with me. I have been reading in here for a couple of weeks and it seems like a good place to share this.

****, where were you when I met my ex? She pushed me to marry her for a decade and I declined.

I used to have a saying:

A marriage doesn't make a relationship, it just makes it...legal.

:shy:

thanks callie

I haven't seen a lot of them work Kenny. It might just be me though. Most of the people I know spend a a mint on the wedding, reception and honeymoon and the relationship is done before the reception is even payed for. You were smart to keep out of the trap. It's easier to just walk away without having to mess with the lawyers and pay off everything it took to have the stupid wedding.

Latest posts

Back