~ Hello ~

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

Reaction score
Hi folks, just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I'm looking forward to exploring this online community. I've had some issues with feeling lonely for a good few years now. But, it actually took me a long time to admit it to myself, let alone, tell anyone about it.

I just thought this may be a good opportunity to communicate more with other people experiencing similar feelings and see how they are dealing with this often stigmatised emotion. I use that word, because I've often felt ashamed to express to others I was/am feeling lonely.

So... here's to some interesting chats and good discussion! :)

Hello, and welcome. I know what that is like, it's good you were able to admit it. No shame in being lonely :)

Dennis the Wolf said:
Hello, and welcome. I know what that is like, it's good you were able to admit it. No shame in being lonely :)

Yes, you are not on your own... (geddit?!) :D

Thanks folks, what a nice welcome! I am feeling comfy already :)

It's a sure thing loneliness can be a taboo topic of discussion in some circles. Also, a matter of pride of course.
I just try and keep busy, otherwise my own thoughts get the better of me. But, sometimes no matter how appealing a book is, addictive a game can be... or, tempting a movie, the novelty wears thin, if these lonely feelings are profound.
The temptation to wallow in a sad place and 'faff about' (not do much, lol) often seems the easier option... sad, but true.

Just gotta find some new coping mechanisms I guess. Fingers crossed, I'm gonna slowly do that!

So, how long have you peeps used this site? What do you personally get out of it? If you don't mind me asking of course.

On & off for years, but I'm using it now more than ever. It's a great place to hang out.

Just a couple of weeks for me, maybe less, but had some really good chats and laughs with people already.

Been here before and then took a break and came back with a new username and been here for about half a year now I think. A lot of new friendships and good people here and also I feel happy helping those in need. :)

All sounds positive :)
I might have a wee peek in the chat room too, quiet evening this end.
Thanks again folks ~

Hi Pip welcome to the forum. Personally, I only signed up before Christmas 2012. I was in quite a bad state and so so lonely, I was desperate. I'm feeling a lot better recently and it's partly due to some of the really understanding, kind and helpful people here. Don't be afraid to reach out to people on here :)

Latest posts

Back