Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltcrimson

Reaction score
Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm a 33 year old single father. I just went back to work after a lengthy layoff.

I joined this forum, because like most or all of you, I suffer from bouts of loneliness. I'm very active in my kids' sports and school functions. That being said, I'm different. I'm also a writer. So being a single father of multiple children, needless to say I don't get invited to any gatherings or parties. I'm not bitter about this, it would be odd for a couple to invite me somewhere, but still it's a circumstance of my condition.

I'm not terribly depressed, it's just more of a longing to interact with other adults. And when you're lonely, sometimes that's what you want to discuss. It's hard to talk about it with average every day acquaintances. People automatically think you're weird, and that makes it even worse.

I hope that I can make some contribution to this community, maybe even make some friends. I remember back in the AOL days there were chat rooms for lonely and depressed people, though I didn't need them then. I've found out lately that most open chats and forums are basically people looking to hook up. I think you have a good community judging from what I have read. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back