Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aves

Reaction score
Well, I am Aves. I just came across this website today because I have been ruminating over how lonely I am as of late. I'll try to keep this post as short as possible, but I feel I need to address why I am lonesome:

My loneliness stems from my hatred towards society and most of humanity. I guess you could say I am a Misanthrope... but that would mean I would have disdain for all humanity, and while it may seem like that for me at times, there are some exceptions in this world (family, and some people who are respectful and kind) ... but this is almost never the case.

I wish I didn't have to put up with this, but I can't help but waste hours of my time concentrating on how horrible the human species is. It gives me more reason to not bother with avoiding loneliness. Look at what we do to our world, we create wars, we slaughter wildlife, we waste resources, we poison the environment, we feed off of some of the most pathetic sources of entertainment (namely, drama), and after all this; our species will probably be completely non-existent at some point... hopefully I won't be around to witness that.

I feel ashamed to call myself a human. I feel sorry for our existence as a whole, and try to dissociate myself from society as best as I can, simply because I cannot tolerate it. I do, however, love nature... nature is beautiful and majestic, everything about it is so breath-taking and I truly feel at peace when I am in the outdoors, away from humanity. I love animals (especially birds; hence my username), particularly because their way of life is right, and we are in the wrong. Animals don't have governments, education, vehicles, or warfare to worry about...all that matters to them is getting food, reproducing offspring, and staying alive; why can't us humans follow this simplistic lifestyle?

With any luck, I hope to meet some like-minded users in this community. Despite my distaste with the vast majority of the internet and most human inventions, I'll give this place a chance. ~Aves

Aves said:
. Look at what we do to our world, we create wars, we slaughter wildlife, we waste resources, we poison the environment, we feed off of some of the most pathetic sources of entertainment (namely, drama), and after all this; our species will probably be completely non-existent at some point... hopefully I won't be around to witness that.

i agree with this.

Welcome to ALL

Hello Aves.  Our species DOES seem to be a rather invasive weed all over the planet doesn't it?  Of course our misdeeds will cause a huge die off of our own numbers....maybe extinction....along with the multitude of other species we're currently exterminating.  However these issues are kind of off topic for this forum.  There are other sites dedicated to this stuff.

In the meantime, I'm glad you're here and our sentiments seem to have a few things in common.

constant stranger said:
Hello Aves.  Our species DOES seem to be a rather invasive weed all over the planet doesn't it?  Of course our misdeeds will cause a huge die off of our own numbers....maybe extinction....along with the multitude of other species we're currently exterminating.  However these issues are kind of off topic for this forum.  There are other sites dedicated to this stuff.

In the meantime, I'm glad you're here and our sentiments seem to have a few things in common.

Thank you. Sorry if my introduction seemed off-topic, I was probably rambling about my disgust with society for a tad too long.

To clarify, my contempt with humanity is why I am lonesome. I try to dissociate myself from the world as much as I can, I am a NEET (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET), and I pretty much spend every day of the week in the house doing near-to-nothing with myself... with no friends. I have tried to seek employment before, but every time I have submitted a resume I have been turned down the offer. Rejection from the work force has happened so many times now that I have given up completely on trying to find a job, and that also applies to social connections, social rejection has been so common throughout my life that I have given up on trying to find friends or a partner.

Anyways, like I said in my first post, I am looking forward to being a part of the forum. Been doing some looking around, looks alright. I'll see how it goes.

Again, thank you, constant stranger. ~Aves

We sound very similar, and I didn't even know there was a term for feeling this particular way. My reasons for feeling repelled to society are a bit different while also being the same as what you explained. Much of it goes very deep, and unfortunately very few people connect with me because of it. Makes for a very lonely existence sometimes.

Cutting yourself off from people and work is hardly ever conducive to happiness. Are you sure you're not raging against the world for not accepting you?

Bubblebeam said:
We sound very similar, and I didn't even know there was a term for feeling this particular way. My reasons for feeling repelled to society are a bit different while also being the same as what you explained. Much of it goes very deep, and unfortunately very few people connect with me because of it. Makes for a very lonely existence sometimes.

Interesting. Often times I just wish we could all get along, I don't see why anyone should deserve to be alienated from society (unless given a legitimate reason ie, a criminal). The people who do cast others out from society... I don't think they truly understand how impacting and demoralizing the loneliness and isolation can really be.

I've pretty much been through this my entire life. I had a few acquaintances growing up in school, but they all discarded me by the time my schooling years were over. I remember feeling very lonely up until we got two family pets, which was a golden Labrador named Ludo and a budgerigar named Charlie. Over the years, I have grown very fond of animals. Y'know, after getting home from a bad day at school, I'd always have Ludo and Charlie to spend my afternoon with. Part of the reason why I love animals is because, well, at least I know they won't reject me...

Garrett said:
Cutting yourself off from people and work is hardly ever conducive to happiness. Are you sure you're not raging against the world for not accepting you?

It's a combination of both; cutting myself off from people and raging against the world.

I'm at the point now where I have given up entirely on trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, after countless attempts to fit in with other peers. I'm willing to accept that I may be alone for the rest of my life.

Welcome to the forum, Aves. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Aves said:
Well, I am Aves. I just came across this website today because I have been ruminating over how lonely I am as of late. I'll try to keep this post as short as possible, but I feel I need to address why I am lonesome:

My loneliness stems from my hatred towards society and most of humanity. I guess you could say I am a Misanthrope... but that would mean I would have disdain for all humanity, and while it may seem like that for me at times, there are some exceptions in this world (family, and some people who are respectful and kind) ... but this is almost never the case.

I wish I didn't have to put up with this, but I can't help but waste hours of my time concentrating on how horrible the human species is. It gives me more reason to not bother with avoiding loneliness. Look at what we do to our world, we create wars, we slaughter wildlife, we waste resources, we poison the environment, we feed off of some of the most pathetic sources of entertainment (namely, drama), and after all this; our species will probably be completely non-existent at some point... hopefully I won't be around to witness that.

I feel ashamed to call myself a human. I feel sorry for our existence as a whole, and try to dissociate myself from society as best as I can, simply because I cannot tolerate it. I do, however, love nature... nature is beautiful and majestic, everything about it is so breath-taking and I truly feel at peace when I am in the outdoors, away from humanity. I love animals (especially birds; hence my username), particularly because their way of life is right, and we are in the wrong. Animals don't have governments, education, vehicles, or warfare to worry about...all that matters to them is getting food, reproducing offspring, and staying alive; why can't us humans follow this simplistic lifestyle?

With any luck, I hope to meet some like-minded users in this community. Despite my distaste with the vast majority of the internet and most human inventions, I'll give this place a chance. ~Aves
Isn't this a kind of society too? 
Misanthrope, hmmm interesting. People are not born misanthrope, they are made so, by the people who later blame them for being so. 
Regarding the rest of your post, well I should say, you haven't seen the beautiful side of humans. Well, I haven't seen it either. That is why I would also  call myself a misanthrope . I rarely trust people. And I hate the way society has become. And could write literature about it.

So yeah, welcome to this sea. We could talk, since we have common interests :p

Latest posts

Back