Hello.........

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
Hey

I registered about a week ago but I think for around 4 months I have just been in some sort of denial stage..............................but now have acknowledge that I am extremely lonely. I think its because I knew I didnt have anyone close in my life but I thought if I am busy and doing things that I like doing I will be AOK but guess what I am not. It feels like my world is collapsing around me and each day is getting more silent then the previous one.

Seems like all my life I never seem to have found any friends........its not that I havent talked to people and helped others out, its just that so many people seem to come and go and seem to be so self absorbed that I have given my trying to reach out to them. I think I have come to a point where its finally hit me and I am asking myself what about me.......................does any ever want to ring me and talk to me, why should I always be the one to reach out. I think its because I see friendship as a give and take relationship.

About 6 months ago I tested the water and the couple of friends I did have..................................well they havent even bothered to ring me thats when I realised I am here all alone and today I have finally decided to not give up on my life...........................but to rather reach out and be important in someone elses life.

Hi My Name is Cara and I am Lonely,
XO

Welcome to the forum Cara. It did seem like i always had to be the one to make the effort, also. Since i also thought it should be give and take, i eventually came to wonder if my efforts were misdirected.

Thanks for alll your lovely hellos :) :) Glad to know there are still some caring people in the world...........................hope to see ya all around!

hi Cara
Cara said:
Hey

I registered about a week ago but I think for around 4 months I have just been in some sort of denial stage..............................but now have acknowledge that I am extremely lonely. I think its because I knew I didnt have anyone close in my life but I thought if I am busy and doing things that I like doing I will be AOK but guess what I am not. It feels like my world is collapsing around me and each day is getting more silent then the previous one.

Seems like all my life I never seem to have found any friends........its not that I havent talked to people and helped others out, its just that so many people seem to come and go and seem to be so self absorbed that I have given my trying to reach out to them. I think I have come to a point where its finally hit me and I am asking myself what about me.......................does any ever want to ring me and talk to me, why should I always be the one to reach out. I think its because I see friendship as a give and take relationship.

About 6 months ago I tested the water and the couple of friends I did have..................................well they havent even bothered to ring me thats when I realised I am here all alone and today I have finally decided to not give up on my life...........................but to rather reach out and be important in someone elses life.

Hi My Name is Cara and I am Lonely,
XO

Thanks Viviana........................................your so right............................that would be my kids & my cat they are always there no matter how much I go through in life.

Hi Cara,

I can relate. It took me awhile to admit to myself that I was lonely and needed to reach out too. I don't know if this is the solution but it helps knowing that I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Hope you find a little comfort here.

Take care,
Pixie

Thanks Haven for your Welcome!

Thanks too Pixie...........................................its also nice to know I am not alone in feeling the way I do. Catch you both around the boards!

Latest posts

Back