hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illuminatus

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I came across this site and have to say that this forum was a great idea. I read a couple posts and decided to join because I feel I can get a lot of great opinions from different perspectives and also help others. I'm a 19 year old male and I live in the Eastern Time Zone (I don't feel comfortable sharing a more accurate location). I have a great deal of intelligence in this category considering I also suffer from depression and social anxiety. I can empathize with almost everyone on here. I recently removed myself from the foolish life that I had previously lived; that consisted of marijuana smoking and doing other recreational drugs. I removed myself from that lifestyle because I recently became aware that drugs never really made my problems better but only masked them for a slight period of time (it took me over 2 years of chronic marijuana abuse). While removing myself from that lifestyle I realized that a lot of my friends (if that's what you want to call them) were only holding me back from my goals and also caused a lot more stress then is necessary in life. I no longer have friends and tend to stay in my house way more than any human should. I plan on relocating in a year down south where I can begin a new life. But we all have our own stories and I don't want to bore with all that depressing junk. I'd just like to introduce myself and maybe meet some cool people here on the forum. Have a great day. :)

Hi illuminatus welcome to the forum

goodluck on staying clean it'll help your life a lot

are you being treated or consolued for your mental conditions?

I've got some depression and general anxiety/panic disorder myself

evanescencefan91 said:
Hi illuminatus welcome to the forum

goodluck on staying clean it'll help your life a lot

are you being treated or consolued for your mental conditions?

I've got some depression and general anxiety/panic disorder myself

Thanks for your support and at the moment no. I've been to two different drug counselors and two psychotherapists although I did like the two people a lot I feel now that I've become intelligent enough to quit using on my own. I've been blessed with a very smart mind and instead of using it against me I'm now trying to use it for a good cause. depression and anxiety are very tough diseases to beat but I've come a very long way and I don't plan on stopping until I find peace within myself. The only thing I'm really having trouble with is finding good or real friends. In my town everyone I talk to either wants to smoke or drink so I tend to just sit in my house all weekend and it really makes me sad and lonely. I'm now looking for a female counterpart to keep me company but it's hard for me to trust other humans considering all of the things I've seen throughout my life not to mention all the pain that I myself have caused to others. I'm not one of those guys that points the finger, I'm aware that I indeed have made many mistakes in life.

Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back