Help! I'm meeting her parents!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePsychologist

Reaction score
Yes, it had to happen at some point. Me meeting her parents after 3 months of being together.

I'm a bit scared about this whole situation, hoping I won't fresia up in any way, saying something stupid or inappropriate :p

To be honest, I think it will all work out fine. This Saturday I'm going to come over to her place (she lives at home) and will just be myself, and they will like me. I'm really sure about this.

We will have tea, the mother will ask questions about me (she's curious about me, she sees my GF being more happy than usual, so the mother will like me I think), conversation will happen. then me and my GF will leave for a restaurant and will come back to her place again and her parents will then be gone, so we have the house for ourselves finally :D

But anyway, I was actually wondering how this went for you guys. Whenever you had to meet your girl\boyfriend to your parents or the other way around. How did that go? Did you feel you had to protect him\her from your parents, or wasn't it a big deal at all?

My GF still needs to meet my parents. Somehow that's a barrier for me. But it will have to happen so we can see each other more often instead of relying on when our parents are going to a party.

So again, how did this go with you? Any tips and do's and dont's? I'm probably exasperating all this, but I thought about making a topic about it anyways. So, yeah :rolleyes:

I dont have any advice, sorry, was never in such a situation, just wanted to say Im happy for u that things are going so well with ur gf :) I read the prvious posts and its so nice to read sucessful stories about love :) Im sure u will be great. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back