Help Me Understand Something

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiina63 said:
If you are happy being alone, then this should be respected. You have the right to decide what is the right way of life for you. But are you really happy with this way of life? Maybe others sense, or think that they sense, that you are lonely or not really satisfied inside and maybe this is why they suggest therapy. If you are genuinely content with your life, then try to ignore them. If not, then maybe therapy could help.

Ditto. :)

@Peaches:Most people will be told that if the enjoy something too much it is a vice.

@Felix: The term nusiance is generally used to describe something annoying. However, my mind boggles a lot and I like to try and understand why people think I am wrong. Maybe they can come up with a profound reason. However, none seem to have the mind for that.

@Walley:A yes the old line that everyone uses on me "You have potential". It is a good one to try and guilt trip me into trying harder. However, the truth is that saying "you have potential" is something that is said to anyone who is suicidal and depressed. It is also a great way to get out of actually helping someone, while still taking credit for any success they might have later on. I can say that helping people out with fitness advice and stuff like that does feel good. However, for years on other forums I spent plenty of time giving out philosophical advice. Sadly, like all drugs, eventually giving and not recieving loses its potency. I guess that is why I am not much help these days. I wasted all my good will hoping that karma would bring good will around when I needed it, but it never really came.

Maybe you need to interact with people in the real world in then. What kind of karma can you expect to get from strangers on forums.
If you make it clear to people that you don't care, about them, yourself, anything, then they're not going to feel inclined to care about you.

@rdor: Yeah I know it always comes back to the person who has nothing as the person at fault. It is not like that person tried for a long time and failed miserably. However, since that person has nothing and you have something that makes the person with nothing at the wrong because you do not need anything more... something like that always comes around.

AFrozenSoul seems to have all the answers. I guess he understands everything already. I can sympathize with his stance, since much of the time life doesn't appeal to me, either. My only question is why are you waiting for your cat to die, sir? If you're serious about wanting to shuffle off this mortal coil & you care about your cat, find a decent person to adopt your cat first.

I can relate to him to .
I am a shut in , i find social interaction annoying . People bug me , but even so , i seek a group of people to fit in , cause its my nature, my idiotic blood. We humans love to live in herds , that s the basis of our society. That very fact i hate , i hate how many people are the same , though we ware thought that every1 is unique .
Skipping this discussion, ill just say : " I Understand why you hate people and prefer solitude "
The thing about suiciding , yea im thinking about if everyday , for like the past 10 years. I might be a coward , hell , ive been called that . I m also making excuses not to do so .
Mine are usually :
-my admiration for nature and that i wont get to see it if im gone .
-my love for anime> manga (points at AfrozenSouls signature)
-My dreams to have certain simple moments in my life (like watching the moon rise over the sea )

Yea im simple , life is simple , we humans just complicate it . I live for the simple things, even though im totally devoid of the more complex things (like love , friends , society ,etc )

As seeing this is not a plead for nothing , maybe just a little bit of self exploration through others.

@MTrip:Because my cat is old and has thyroid problems and it is hard to find good owners for her. Plus if I figure after the 5 to 10 years that she might continue to live, existence will have a chance to prove to me life is worth it. I do not expect it too, but I figure I will give it one last chance.

You say all your contacts are online. But we are humans, are we not? We are not computer generated robots, but the humans that you say mean nothing to you. Which is your decision and everyone respects that. But you wrote this for another human to see it, and therefore reply and try to help you understand something you are having trouble with. I may say this a lot, but a change in perspective is sometimes all you need, and that's all I'm trying to give you. We are all humans, all struggling. Even though someone may seem like they aren't suffering like you, they probably are. You got onto this forum for a reason, and yes, the contact may not be face to face, but it is there, you connect with humans all the time.
Please read my newest post in General Chat, that's all I ask.

MTrip said:
AFrozenSoul seems to have all the answers. I guess he understands everything already. I can sympathize with his stance, since much of the time life doesn't appeal to me, either. My only question is why are you waiting for your cat to die, sir? If you're serious about wanting to shuffle off this mortal coil & you care about your cat, find a decent person to adopt your cat first.

MTrip...

Consider what you say little more carefully next time. The comment above is on the fringe of what might be construed as encouraging suicide, which is something not allowed. I don't think you meant it that way, but just be careful in future posting. Thanks.

@LittlegirlLost: Very true, I will give you that much. However, it is easier to avoid humans online than offline. The wall of bits, removes all the annoying factors that humans have and make them more tolerable. Does this thread have a name?

EveWasFramed said:
MTrip...

Consider what you say little more carefully next time. The comment above is on the fringe of what might be construed as encouraging suicide, which is something not allowed. I don't think you meant it that way, but just be careful in future posting. Thanks.

I hear that, Eve. Guess I was a little fed up at the time...my reaction was somewhat similar to Felix's. I can be as sympathetic as anyone, but the initial impression I got was that Frozen was just trying to attract attention, not so much out of emotional desperation but because some people just like to attract attention to themselves for any reason they can think of. Perhaps I mistook Frozen's intentions.

MTrip said:
EveWasFramed said:
MTrip...

I hear that, Eve. Guess I was a little fed up at the time...my reaction was somewhat similar to Felix's. I can be as sympathetic as anyone, but the initial impression I got was that Frozen was just trying to attract attention, not so much out of emotional desperation but because some people just like to attract attention to themselves for any reason they can think of. Perhaps I mistook Frozen's intentions.

No worries...I understand.

MTrip said:
My intention was getting an understanding for these responses.

Latest posts

Back