Help with words

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan203

Reaction score
I've recently started focusing on the fact that how saying one thing in one way is different, than saying the same thing in another way using different words. Though both the time you had same feelings and intention in your mind.

Since then I'm trying to improve my way of writing or speaking. But I don't see any difference. What shall I do?

Don't forget to take your audience into account and realize that not everyone is going to take things the way you meant it. We all have trigger words or phrases that drive us nuts no matter who says it. Our backgrounds are all so unique that its highly improbable that we'll always be on the same page as the person next to us (or who's post we're reading). Just in the last few days of reading posts and responses I've seen many varied responses to the same piece of information. Some of them I agree with and others I don't really understand but I do try to respect others point of view.

I suspect you'll likely notice improvements very slowly- I think it's admirable that you are self-aware of wanting to improve your communication skills. If you make a point of mentioning to people how you admire certain communication skills that they have chances are they could give you similar feedback.

Best of luck to you.

Ryan203 said:
I've recently started focusing on the fact that how saying one thing in one way is different, than saying the same thing in another way using different words. Though both the time you had same feelings and intention in your mind.

Since then I'm trying to improve my way of writing or speaking. But I don't see any difference. What shall I do?

Ryan, you should consider buying a course in writing by The Writers Bureau. When I was 12 my father got me into them which was to become a first-class home-study learning experience. Obviously Dad saw I had potential in becoming a writer, and this course enabled me to improve my wordage and articulation as well as teach me how to write properly.

Throughout that year and into the next I began earning money, enough to pay back the cost of the course which Writers Bureau promised, or (Dad's) money refunded. Dad, sadly dead now was a hard task master. He drove me on, but with great encouragement and I, his willing student, loved writing because it gave me an outlet to express myself with greater confidence. Consequently, fours years down the line I have a literary agent and though cannot as yet earn enough to live on, the satisfaction I get from writing is enormous.

There is no doubt you will improve your writing and your speaking when you begin learning the craft of writing.

Good luck for 2012. :)

Anna Mouse

Ryan203 said:

Read a lot, write a lot. Exposure and practice are your finest teachers.

Well I'm good at talking on phone. It's just, I don't feel like talking with someone face to face...specially when we're standing. Yeah it sounds weird, but it really has to do something with standing. I talk great while sitting or walking, just not standing still...

Maybe cause when we're not standing, we're not looking in each-others' eyes so I just shrug...and on phone i just give a lil laugh...

Latest posts

Back