Her, "Kindness," is starting to piss me off!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The, "Confrentation," went something like this:
*I'll say STUDENT instead of her actual name*

Me: Hey student
Her: Hmmm?
Me: I overheard you talking about me earlier
Her: You did?
Me: Yeah, I'm just wondering what I did to make you think that
Her: Think what
Me: That I'm a great guy
Her: I just think that
Me: Why?
Her: Because you are
Me: No one ever talks to me, including you, so how would you know?
Her: Excuse me?
Me: You can't just assume I'm a great guy without even saying hello
Her: I'm not assuming, it's my opinion
Me: You just randomly think I'm a great guy?
Her: Not randomly
Me: You don't have a reason, student. It's pretty random.
Her: Look, I have to go alright? Sorry about all of this confusion.
Me: Sure.. bye
*She leaves*

So... yeah. I talked to her right after class, which I think I forgot to mention.

Sounds as though she has heard or knows something about you that makes her feel the way she does, but doesn't want to talk about it. Perhaps because of the source from which she heard it. Whatever. At least she's not spreading rumours you're a child molester, drug addict or Nickelback fan. It could be worse. If she doesn't want to go in to it, let it go.

I have some sympathy because I feel uncomfortable with people I don't really know forming, what I feel, are groundless assumptions, good or bad.

The trouble with that is human nature is based an awful lot of the time on subjectivity. There are many people that I like for no other reason than my instincts advocate that they are worthwhile and also many that I find instantly unappealing.

Is it possible that this girl may just have a formed good opinion of you based on a similar instinct? It might be one of those things where it's better not looking for too substantial an answer.

As Nyktimos has pointed out, surely it's better to be given the benefit of the doubt (even if you do suspect the premise might be a little weak) that you are a likeable dude than to have someone spreading malicious, derisory gossip at the expense of your reputation.

I think you are over analysing it. I can tell you what I would do in your sitatsion: take that as a compliment, get my ego high:D and stop thinking about it. But it's just me.
You should do what you "inner feeling":D tells you to do. Trust yourself..

Latest posts

Back