Hey Everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been lurking around here for quite awhile now, but I haven't been able to work up the nerve to introduce myself. I don't know how many times I've typed and deleted this particular message over the last few months, but I decided now was as good a time as any to get over myself and say "hi".

So, hello! My name is Sydney. I'm 23, I'm a children's book illustrator (which is not as glamorous as it sounds). I'm a huge Beatles fan, and I love British television - especially Doctor Who. My username is MisfitsAndLovers, which is the title of my favorite Wallflowers song.

I recently moved to Florida with my younger sister. She's here for school and has met loads of people to hang out with, which means she's always out with them, and I'm usually by myself. I've hung out with my sister and her friends a few times, but I normally end up being the "babysitter" since I'm about 5-6 years older than they are.

I come from a large-ish family where privacy wasn't really a thing, so at first this being alone thing was a nice change to me. My sister is awesome and I love her to bits, but it's been months since I've talked to someone other than her. Since the move, I've realized just how clueless I am at making friends, and needless to say, it's been a bit rough.

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you, and I hope we can be friends. :)

welcome!
you sound like a nice person and im certain you will make loads of friends. pm me if ya want =)
i see that you're in orlando. i'm from canada but i was just there in the summer on family vacation.. would be cool to live there!

Thank you, Hank! Nice to meet you. Living in Orlando is pretty cool! There's loads of things to do here, and I'm particularly happy about the fact that I live so close to Disney World. :D

Thanks for the welcome! And well, I figured it didn't need to be said, but yeah I'm pretty lonely. Love your sig, btw. The Cave is one of my favorite songs by them.

Ohoi, good to see you're done lurking, that's for zerglings after all! Have a good time here ;)

Latest posts

Back