hey I need your advice/opinion on something

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
It is really good weather out recently and it is making me depressed because I only have 1 friend that I go out to play baseball, or basketball with. I see all these people outside, either a guy and a guy playing together, or a group of 5 guys or a group of 5 girls sitting around looking at trees. Do you think I should approach these people and try to make friends? or will I appear like a weirdo? I am not like gross-looking, I am decent looking but I still think that if I did anything like this I would appear weird. I hate staying in my room on good days when I have no work to do because I am a social reject.
Also, I have another problem. I joined this christian religious group on campus in september but they are all korean and basically never invite me to do anything. They are really nice at the club meetings and talk to me a lot there but never want to hang out; they also date the asian girls and do things with them while I do nothing in my room. Does anyone have advice on this? Like maybe stop going, or join something else? Im dying...

Well, it can't hurt to ask the guys if you can join the game. The worst that can happen is that they'll turn you down. Just say hi and mention that you've been looking for some people to play with. Another way to find people to play with is to join the Y, a local club, or an intramural league. Lots of times there are ads in the paper or on bulletin boards. That way you'll be in the same boat as everyone else.

investor said:
Do you think I should approach these people and try to make friends? or will I appear like a weirdo?

Would you think someone was a weirdo if they approached you to try to become your friend?

As Elaeagnus said the worst they can do is not let you join the game though more likely they would be happy to have another player.

Elaeagnus said:
Well, it can't hurt to ask the guys if you can join the game. The worst that can happen is that they'll turn you down. Just say hi and mention that you've been looking for some people to play with. Another way to find people to play with is to join the Y, a local club, or an intramural league. Lots of times there are ads in the paper or on bulletin boards. That way you'll be in the same boat as everyone else.

I cant join intramural's because you form team with people you know; its not a random thing, and I dont have a car. I dont think there is a Y up here where I am. Do you think those asians don't like me cuz Im not Asian?

well they might not mean it but humans tend to segregate themselves without knowing it and stay with clicks they identify with, so they probably just feel more comfortable with their own race. It cant hurt to just get outside and try to join in on a game ^^

I can almost guarantee you that they'll let you join if you just ask. If they don't, well... then they're the weirdos ^^

investor said:
Also, I have another problem. I joined this christian religious group on campus in september but they are all korean and basically never invite me to do anything. They are really nice at the club meetings and talk to me a lot there but never want to hang out; they also date the asian girls and do things with them while I do nothing in my room. Does anyone have advice on this? Like maybe stop going, or join something else? Im dying...

Hmm I've always wanted to do that...my nephew met most of his friends and his dates from a youth group. I guess try to find fun activities to do with these people, maybe throw a party at your house or dorm?

investor said:
they are all korean and basically never invite me to do anything. They are really nice at the club meetings and talk to me a lot there but never want to hang out; they also date the asian girls and do things with them while I do nothing in my room. Does anyone have advice on this? Like maybe stop going, or join something else? Im dying...
mm...get a Korean girlfriend then. I would lol

investor said:
I joined this christian religious group on campus in september but they are all korean and basically never invite me to do anything. They are really nice at the club meetings and talk to me a lot there but never want to hang out; they also date the asian girls and do things with them while I do nothing in my room. Does anyone have advice on this? Like maybe stop going, or join something else? Im dying...
I would get a Korean girlfriend then :)

investor said:
I joined this christian religious group on campus in september but they are all korean and basically never invite me to do anything. They are really nice at the club meetings and talk to me a lot there but never want to hang out; they also date the asian girls and do things with them while I do nothing in my room. Does anyone have advice on this? Like maybe stop going, or join something else? Im dying...

investor said:

Latest posts

Back