Hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpectacledScienceCat

Reaction score
honeysuckle, what's up with the smilies on the left? In particular the one with the stick hitting the other one. That's sort of distracting. Can I get rid of those?

Anyway, I'm glad to have found these forums. I'm very bad at forming lasting and meaningful relationships with other humans. It always seems as if what I want out of the relationship and what the other person wants out of the relationship are completely different, and so that the entire thing is doomed to failure right from the beginning. Actually, I guess it isn't entirely correct to say that I'm bad at relationships; i'm very apt at reading the other person and becoming the person that they're after, entirely for the sake of making a relationship work. But I always die a little bit inside.

hi.. so tell me what do you expect in a relationship ? if its failing with every other person then their might be some problem in your requirements.. hope to hear from you..

I know, right? I've got a thing (an obsession?) for making alliterative animal names on forums, I don't know why, it's weird. I've previously been the Amorous Anteater and the Surreptitious Sloth.

Sonu,
I probably expect, or hope for, too much. I've been pretty alone and lonely for a long time and every time I meet someone new with whom I might start a friendship my expectations are probably too high. It's as if since I don't meet new people very often I want the next person who I meet to be the perfect friend, because I'm sick of waiting.

SpectacledScienceCat said:
Anyway, I'm glad to have found these forums. I'm very bad at forming lasting and meaningful relationships with other humans. It always seems as if what I want out of the relationship and what the other person wants out of the relationship are completely different, and so that the entire thing is doomed to failure right from the beginning. Actually, I guess it isn't entirely correct to say that I'm bad at relationships; i'm very apt at reading the other person and becoming the person that they're after, entirely for the sake of making a relationship work. But I always die a little bit inside.

I kinda relate. And it's not conforming yourself to your partner's liking but letting yourself grow to become the person he/she wants and love. But well, sometimes that's not enough. They always look for others who are better. Still, I am hopeful that someone will stay. :)

Welcome to the forum and I hope you'll enjoy it here. Cool username indeed :D

:
hi.. so tell me what do you expect in a relationship ? if its failing with every other person then their might be some problem in your requirements.. hope to hear from you..

SpectacledScienceCat said:
Sonu,
I probably expect, or hope for, too much. I've been pretty alone and lonely for a long time and every time I meet someone new with whom I might start a friendship my expectations are probably too high. It's as if since I don't meet new people very often I want the next person who I meet to be the perfect friend, because I'm sick of waiting.

the question still remains unanswered.. what are your requirements dear ? it doesn't matter if its too high or too low.. is it too private to tell it out here ?

Latest posts

Back