Hey!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arekkusu

Reaction score
For many reasons, I'm a loner. I don't have any friends and I find people incredibly difficult to deal with. Part of me wants to have friends, but at the same time I can barely tolerate people, I hate them. So I don't know what to do.

Anyway. I will try to post and not be too obnoxious while doing it. This is my pledge.

Thank you, both of you! I apologise in advance if I become unstable... the last few times I've tried to be active in any kind of online community I ended up losing my mind a little... but I'll be nice to people so long as they're nice to me.

Welcome to the forum! I also do not like people. When I was younger I thought I just didn't understand them, and I didn't. They just do mean crazy things and have no conscious about doing them. They are around when they need help. But, they disappear when you need their help. So, I started getting rid of the friends that I had. Actually it was really easy. I just stopped helping them and they ghosted me. Ha! ha!

I think in order to have friends you have to be willing to easily forgive what they do and focus on your needs only. That way you won't be disappointed and frustrated with them. I, myself, and others on here have preferred to continue to fly solo on purpose. It is so much easier and less stressful. But, there is a cost of feeling lonely sometimes. Hopefully you can help fill that void by using this site.

They are around when they need help. But, they disappear when you need their help. So, I started getting rid of the friends that I had. Actually it was really easy. I just stopped helping them and they ghosted me. Ha! ha!
1646358827877.png

Welcome arekkuss. You're off to a good start here, and with an issue that many of us can relate to.
I understand the various legitimate reasons to dislike people and to keep the defenses up. And as one gets older, screwed over and rejected by more people and more ways than ever, it can become most easy and comfortable to slowly withdraw and remain a loner. But, ...

I believe that we were created for a purpose, and that not only entails knowing and loving our Creator, but learning how to love others. For me, the first part is a whole lot easier than the second. But, we have a life time to work on it, and we achieve that by engaging with all kinds of people, including the unloving, ungiving, difficult ones.

So, you don't know what to do about your conflicting desires to embrace or avoid people and relationships? I would encourage you to first look at the big picture of your life and decide what you want to accomplish with it. And I'll give you a hint from a Christian perspective. Our 50 or 100 years here is short and temporary, and the only thing we take with us after this life is our souls and the relationships we've built. In the end, they're all that last or matter. If you want to go to heaven and have Jesus, family, friends, or other loved ones there to greet you, then you need to build those relationships now. Once you decide on that need and intent, everyone else here will be glad to share their ideas and encouragement for how best to pursue it.

Welcome. I used to be naive and stupid. I trusted people around me as long as they seemed friendly and had a small talk with me, said hello, gave me time of day. Every single one of them turned out to be a liar, evil, had bad intentions towards me. Every single one. I'm cutting contact with my last "friendly" neighbor. I absolutely don't have and don't want any friends, acquaintances, neighbors. I'm done with first two. I'm getting rid of neighbors soon. I absolutely can't trust anyone, can't like anyone, don't want to be liked. Sub-human garbage around me are evil, liars, can't be trusted. Anyone who doesn't have any friends, hates people has reasons and i can agree and relate 100%. No matter how nice i am, no matter how much i try to help them, all goes to honeysuckle and backfires hard. No matter how hard i try to stay out of everyone's way they get to me anyway. I'm done with everyone.

Latest posts

Back