Hi everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toby

Reaction score
Hi... :)

Glad to be here and I hope to give as much as I get here. I am a very lonely, regretful and sad person. Truly sad. My life has turned out really badly and I am so disappointed with myself. Over the last 12 hours, I have gotten very down about that. I am getting on in years and not as young as I used to be but have absolutely nothing meaningful to show for my life. That is truly depressing and it hit me pretty hard after realising that.

There are many lonely people here but I'm not sure if lonliness is an all-encompassing word for how I feel. However, odds are "we" (as a collective) do probably feel similar emotions and can relate to eachother on different levels. So, I hope to bring something positive here aswell to others aswell as trying to find myself too. This forum seems very positive and we all need to always look forward to the future.

We need to embrace our past, our present and our future. We can't ever get back what we once had. Many of you may not have any other physical being in terms of friends, family or anyone close... but you have yourself. It starts from within. Glad to be here and I look forward to contributing to what seems like a very positive place for people like us.

Hi Toby, you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. There are of course many other issues branching off from the familiar loneliness, across the board. I hope you find some good people to talk to here.

ps I had a cat called Toby when I was a kid. He lived forever, was originally black but lay in the sun so much he went brown!

painter said:
ps I had a cat called Toby when I was a kid. He lived forever, was originally black but lay in the sun so much he went brown!

HAHAHA! Didn't know that can happen!

Welcome to the forum Toby! I hope you meet some nice people here

Hello TOBY.

Welcome to the site, can't make you feel any more welcome cause Ladyforsaken will shout at me! :)

9006 said:
Hello TOBY.

Welcome to the site, can't make you feel any more welcome cause Ladyforsaken will shout at me! :)

Rofl. And please remind my poor memory as to why I would do that?

ladyforsaken said:
9006. How come you never take my coat and tell me to take off my shoes? I never knew!

Remember this?

Heey Toby, welcome to the forums!

You seem like a strong person, i like that. It'll help you through everything life can throw at you!

So, I hope to bring something positive here aswell to others

Think about yourself first buddy! It's really nice you want to help others, but it's also important to help yourself first! I learned that the hard way.. Anyway, i saw in your last paragraph you were also positive about changing yourself for the better, know that we're here for you! Or well, i am! :D

So if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always message me!

Thanks again, everyone. I hope and am confident that you're all on a good path - even if the current path may not seem all that good. It may take some of us a while to learn the right path or some very bad experiences to finally wake us up but it's so important that we do finally get there. Life is a journey and we only get one shot, so let's not waste it!!

9006 said:
ladyforsaken said:
9006. How come you never take my coat and tell me to take off my shoes? I never knew!

Remember this?

That's cos you don't treat us all fairly!

Toby, I agree with you - we only get one shot at life, well for most of us and we shouldn't waste it. Well said.

Latest posts

Back