Hi everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete2k8

Reaction score
I found this forum through a google search one night.

A little bit of info about myself: I'm 25 years old and currently live with my parents. I've had a few friends in the past but have had trouble keeping them as I have poor social skills due to suffering from depression.

This seems like a fantastic community you guys have here! It's hard to find people who are honest about their emotions and take the time to help others in the same situation and from looking at a few threads in this forum this ethos seems to be shared by everyone here.

Welcome pete and juring :)

I think its hard to be social to anyone when your feeling down. I think friends put up with the bad moods for so long then lose interest. this is when being depressed really gets to be a problem. Cos now you just drove all your friends away and your still feeling like crap but with no friends. So now you seat there and feel weirs at your actions.

I think for myself the problem I have is I take it out who ever I am closest to. This is not a healthy way to be as they wont stay around if you keep making them feel bad. A friend should make you feel good about yourself. That works both ways.

Ask yourself would you keep going round to see someone that was miserable company all the time?

I suppose my rambling here is moor about me then anything else. I have been guilty of this things in the past.

Welcome Pete. Depression sure can make it difficult.

Welcome juring.

Latest posts

Back