Hi I'm an angry loner

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryLoner

Reaction score
Hi I'm lonely as fresia and I have no friends. This makes me angry and resentful.

Nice to meet you all.

hmm.. at least being angry shows more emotion than being low down and depressed. ....I hope you resort to better methods than most people do with dealing with loneliness.. I hope you find what you're looking for here ^^

JPSK said:
hmm.. at least being angry shows more emotion than being low down and depressed. ....I hope you resort to better methods than most people do with dealing with loneliness.. I hope you find what you're looking for here ^^

I know from experience that anger feels better than depression (although I can't always avoid depression feelings). Anger's a good motivator too. And I'm curious what are the more common methods for dealing with loneliness? I've never really explored how others deal with these things so I'm sure what you're referring too.

MarynaGural said:
I hate my face....

That was so random it made me laugh really hard. You made my day. And since I have no idea if saying that will offend you, I'll add that I often hate my face as well so you're not alone (truth).

well, considering this site.. I'd say poetry.. I myself do drawings.. ..plus the downer stuff like cutting themselves or.. being suicidal.. or resorting to drinking or.. just things that can be self-inflicting

Hi AL, Welcome.
You'll find we, here, use a lot of different methods to deal with our loneliness, talking, laughing, eating Ben and Jerry's, and ranting at eachother. :)
You've come to the right place. Please feel free to tell more about yourself.

Angry Loser wrote:
I know from experience that anger feels better than depression (although I can't always avoid depression feelings). Anger's a good motivator too. And I'm curious what are the more common methods for dealing with loneliness? I've never really explored how others deal with these things so I'm sure what you're referring too.

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll

Maryna, please don't hate your face. It's the one God gave you for a reason. Try to find out why...

Hey Angry, I'm FURIOUS FURIOUS FURIOUS too, about so many things: The injustices I've suffered in my own life, and the injustice in the whole world. I guess i just care too much!

Hugs and welcome and Rant Away, Brother! I'm listening!

Lg.

AngryLoner said:
I know from experience that anger feels better than depression (although I can't always avoid depression feelings). Anger's a good motivator too.

Really? I find that I can't deal with it properly, so I just swallow it and it adds to the depression pile. Anger has never motivated me towards doing something positive. Actually, I think I suffer from rage more than anger, anyway.

Diamond, I agree. Depression is often rage against the world (rage against the machine!) turned inward. If you feel you have no voice and no power, you turn it inward and self-destruct through overeating, over drinking, overspending, oversmoking, overgambling, ETC.

diamond-dancer said:
Really? I find that I can't deal with it properly, so I just swallow it and it adds to the depression pile. Anger has never motivated me towards doing something positive. Actually, I think I suffer from rage more than anger, anyway.

When I'm angry my adrenalin starts flowing so I usually just go workout (at a gym, or even just in my room). or I just sit and let it fester. Eventually it goes away. I'm not saying it's healthy or very pleasant but like I said, I'd take it over the crushing feelings of depression any day. Just my opinion.

As far as rage goes, I have tons of it.

Well, it's up to you. Bury that rage inward and you will die of cancer as you put it, festering hatred anger rage and loneliness. Turn that rage OUTWARD through POSITIVE non-violent means--join martial arts and learn self-defense, go running when you are pissed off or beat up a punching bag, go to a civil protest about something that pisses you off, help another voiceless victim like animals at a shelter, read to the blind, visit old folks in a home, and treat ALL people with much respect and you will feel better, I promise you that!

lonelygirl said:
Diamond, I agree. Depression is often rage against the world (rage against the machine!) turned inward. If you feel you have no voice and no power, you turn it inward and self-destruct through overeating, over drinking, overspending, oversmoking, overgambling, ETC.

Yep! That's definately me! Without the over eating/drinking/spending/smoking/gambling part =P I was on a bus to the city on the weekend when I was suddenly overcome with these strong feelings of unjustified anger, so I ended up making myself get off, go for a walk, and then go home. Not good.

Diamond, you coped very well! Much respect!

You COULD HAVE gone to the nearest bar to try to drown your sorrows....or eaten an entire pizza by yourself within the span of an hour...or gambled away the pain for a few minutes....or ran up yet ANOTHER credit card bill buying some silly pretty thing you didn't need and couldn't afford.....or gotten into an argument with a stranger to yell and dump on them...etc.

Hey welcome to site angry you sound a lot like me I would rather deal with problems with rage and anger then being depressed and sad.

I read something intresting in some class about how anger and depression are pretty much same thing in a lot of ways except for depression is introvert and anger is extrovert. It kind of made since to me was kind of intresting I thought since a lot of people with depression and anger problems have a lot of the same problems and issues in life.

Latest posts

Back