Hi, I'm Skiee

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiee

Reaction score
hi, I'm Skiee

Glad to be here. I'm lonely. I live alone. I have a wonderful little place out in the country. I own 3 horses and I think about 13 cats, inside outside. I have to say if it hasn't have been for them I think I'd probably be crazy by now. I have a job where I see my co workers everyday, a few I can talk to freely, but basically things are kept rather professionally. Ive been alone and on my own for about 4 years now. Ive had some tragic things happen to me relationship wise. I was married for only 6 months. My husband turned out to be really abusive and he lied about his income and he was drinker, it was a mess. Then he came down with cancer on top of this and died. I went to his viewing just to make sure he was really gone. Isnt that awful? The truth is, he was that awful, a really bad person.
So here I am with 13 cats and 3 horses. Ive tried to date again but have had a really hard time of it. It seems every man Ive ever really loved has turned out to be either abusive or has rejected me, or both. I'm saying it seems this way. If this has been my script I'm out to change this now.
Ive changed a lot in 4 years so being a lone has it's good points when it comes to personal growth, but I'm at the point now where I'm starting to get fed up with living like this. I mean it gets stressful sometimes knowing that if anything happened the only person who is going to save me or get me out of it, is me. I get afraid.
I ride one of my horses a lot and if I fell off and couldn't move, who would know? I hate thinking about things like this but I do, sure I carry a cell phone, but if I was knocked out, there I'd be, probably for a long time. I pride myself for being so brave and I chose archetypes for myself too keep myself going. Sometimes I'm a frontier women, and others I'm Joan of Arch. I don't know if I have really chosen this for myself or if this is just the way things are. I think I really have a good ability to help others and through this I know I will be able to help myself as well. So this is why I'm here and why I have 3 cats sleeping on my bed. thanks, Skiee

Do we possibly have a leading contender for crazy cat lady? Just kidding Skiee, kind of what I do. Sounds like its been kind of tough but you seem positive despite it. Welcome.

Hi and welcome Skiee, not all men are like that, I hope you find the right one for you.

Feel free to join in, we're not too bad once you get to know us!

Hi Skiee, welcome to the forum I havnt been here long but already Im starting to feel very comfortable, I noticed the benifiits of sharing/talking/offloading and expressing the things that are on my heart, its quite therapeutic I hope you find it the same :) Blessings

Hey Skiee, welcome to the forum. Goodness, I'm sorry to hear you went through all that. :( *hugs*

By the way, I love horses and would love to ride them one day!

Thank you everyone,

I don't know why I was complaining about some of the things I just did. They are really the least of my problems now. and I am not a cat lady, I'm a feline enthusiast. I thought it was important to sight my past a bit not for symphathy, but just to give you all an understand of where I've been and what I've been working through. And that's what its been about for me, working through things. I all ways seem to feel dissatisfied from the relationships Ive been in after this bad marriage. Ive had two and each time I ended up with a person who has been a taker rather then a giver and I fell for it hook, line and sink her each time, I suppose mainly because I was still vulnerable from the bad marriage I was in before. I also think its been my personality type.

For one I would like someone I like to be the first to call me, and to care about my feelings. You see I do all the respecting and they do all the disrespecting. Its gotten really old. Ive been involved with a couple game players. They value you in the beginning and then they devalue you and discard you with no closure, no reasoning for it what so ever. Im still dreaming for an apology from one of them any minute now. lol Its a kind of emptiness and a form of frustration due to their un finished business dumped on you that has a tendancy to keep you stuck and afraid to find your self attracted to any one ever again.

I think Ive been subconsciously looking for validation in terms of my self esteem. I want to be accepted in certain circles. I see someone I "know" I have a lot in common with and I know there is a connection there, yet in time they start to deny this to me and will say things like, "Well, we just don't connect" , which is a lie in a sense. This becomes his way of distancing himself from the relationship due to "his" fears of being rejected, so the rejectedness gets thrown off him and lands smack down on me, right on my head. Then I walk around carrying this honeysuckle as if it has some revelant meaning to it in terms of myself and my lovablity. It's all lies. I should have just brought my suit case over with me with my over sized purse and packed it all in...... all his issues he was so eager to dis own. Then I could have left early on, found a ban fire somewhere. like the neighbors burning the trash and then I could have swung that suit case up high on the top of that pile. I could have watched it burn and maybe make a new friend with the neighbor.

I know consciously that I am worthy of love in a relationship. I was never a needy person. I never made demands. It seemed the more right I was for him, the more he pushed me away. very confusing. This has happened twice. So I stay home now being Ms. right for myself. I was thinking maybe I should invent an imaginary husband that no one can see but me, Like Harvy!!!! You know the giant rabbit, from that movie. I'll have to find that, Its funny. So anyways, on and on I go here, I know . I appreciate it. Skiee

< P.S. Meet Harvey ( :

Hang in there Skiee, you sound like a really loving person and I'm sure there's someone out there who who return the love you deserve.

Till then... join us in the games! :D

Latest posts

Back