Hi there.. :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marimausi

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My name is Marianne, but people call me Mari.
I'm a 19 year old girl from the Netherlands.. So that's.. GMT+1..

I came across this forum just now and knowing there's actually something like this out there where people share their stories and try to cheer each other up made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.. (Hehe.. I am aware of how cheesy that must sound..) and I felt I wanted to be a part of that..

So anyway, what can I say.. Compared to some of the stories I've already read on this forum I wouldn't even dare to call myself lonely. I haven't got many friends, but some. I've even got the sweetest boyfriend in the world, yet I still feel lonely nearly every day. He lives all the way in Germany, you see.. And now that I've started at the university and he's also studying I don't know when it's going to be possible for us to meet up next.

The university hmm isn't so great so far. I really don't like the kind of people that are in my class. You would think that by this age people would stop being mean to those who don't look as Gucci&Prada as them but boy was I wrong. People don't really notice me over there. I don't really mind it that much though, since I've learned to respect and love myself during the past few years. But it would still be nice if at least one of them had a brain and would at least try to approach the quiet and shy girl to find she's actually a great and fun person to hang out with.. So yes.. At the university I feel extremely lonely.

Oh, hehe.. I wasn't planning on writing that much when I started xD

Anyway, I'd just like to add that I'm a very good listener (or reader in this case) and I'll try to lend a 'reading eye o_O' to those who would appreciate it.. :)

Marimausi said:
Hello everybody,

My name is Marianne, but people call me Mari.
I'm a 19 year old girl from the Netherlands.. So that's.. GMT+1..

I came across this forum just now and knowing there's actually something like this out there where people share their stories and try to cheer each other up made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.. (Hehe.. I am aware of how cheesy that must sound..) and I felt I wanted to be a part of that..

So anyway, what can I say.. Compared to some of the stories I've already read on this forum I wouldn't even dare to call myself lonely. I haven't got many friends, but some. I've even got the sweetest boyfriend in the world, yet I still feel lonely nearly every day. He lives all the way in Germany, you see.. And now that I've started at the university and he's also studying I don't know when it's going to be possible for us to meet up next.

The university hmm isn't so great so far. I really don't like the kind of people that are in my class. You would think that by this age people would stop being mean to those who don't look as Gucci&Prada as them but boy was I wrong. People don't really notice me over there. I don't really mind it that much though, since I've learned to respect and love myself during the past few years. But it would still be nice if at least one of them had a brain and would at least try to approach the quiet and shy girl to find she's actually a great and fun person to hang out with.. So yes.. At the university I feel extremely lonely.

Oh, hehe.. I wasn't planning on writing that much when I started xD

Anyway, I'd just like to add that I'm a very good listener (or reader in this case) and I'll try to lend a 'reading eye o_O' to those who would appreciate it.. :)

Hi Marianne :) I am also pretty new, but i would like to say welcome and hello :)

You seem like a very nice person, glad to hear you have a very good bf, and i hope you get to meet up with him soon again.

You now have a new friend :p

Welcome Mari--
You sound like a perfect fit for here. This is a really great site and there are a lot of really nice folks around. I've meet up with a LOT of warm and fuzzy, and don't see a thing wrong with saying it. I LOVE cheese anyway! "D Hopefully as time passes some of your classmates will warm up. You sound like a really sweet person to me. Have fun and enjoy the site. :)

Welcome to the site Marimausi. :)

Hii, nice to meet you! We have quite similar stories, so feel free to message me :)

Latest posts

Back