Hi, This is my first time doing this...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emptyspace

Reaction score
Hi,

i'm at my wits end and desperately trying to find some sort of connection with people who actually understand my plight.

I've never felt so alone, so disconnected and it's frightening me.

No one ever seems to understand how i feel, no one ever seems to care enough to listen.

Life has lost all meaning... each day is just another day... and it's getting unbearable.

Hi and welcome, emptyspace. There are a lot of people here that will listen to you, don't lose faith just yet. :)

Welcome to the forum Empty :) What exactly is your plight? How come you're feeling so lonely?

I hope you'll like it here and that you'll manage to make friends. Enjoy your stay! :)

Peter Lorre said:
Welcome to the forum Empty :) What exactly is your plight? How come you're feeling so lonely?

I hope you'll like it here and that you'll manage to make friends. Enjoy your stay! :)

To be honest, i don't know. I've been shutting everyone out for so long, it's become a problem. I think i have social anxiety, i get very nervous in any social situation, almost like a panic attack. I'm unable to feel anything for anyone. And if i do take any interest, i lose it just as quickly.

And i don't know what i can do about it or if i want to do anything about it.

Hi there! I understand exactly what you're saying, don't worry, you are not alone. I also get nervous in social situations, so I avoid them a lot, and have lost friends because of it. If you haven't already, I suggest you maybe see a doctor, who could perhaps prescribe something (mild anti-anxiety med) to help you with the feelings of panic. I know it sounds hard, but you have to force yourself to do things, and the feelings of discomfort should ease up. You are your own worst enemy (we all are, I think). You sound like you're depressed, but I think you know that..anxiety and depression go hand in hand. Try and focus on only the positive things in your life, no matter how small. I know it may sound too easy, but you can pull yourself out of this. There's a saying that goes "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it"
I put comedians and old time radio theatre stories on my ipod (free on itunes) and go for walks...try and appreciate nature. Something I'll never forget, when my brother was dying, he was telling me all of his regrets in life, and it was so sad...so I try to appreciate the little things. You sound so lost, I don't want you to give up!!! Come here and talk to us, we care! :)

caliber said:
Hi there! I understand exactly what you're saying, don't worry, you are not alone. I also get nervous in social situations, so I avoid them a lot, and have lost friends because of it. If you haven't already, I suggest you maybe see a doctor, who could perhaps prescribe something (mild anti-anxiety med) to help you with the feelings of panic. I know it sounds hard, but you have to force yourself to do things, and the feelings of discomfort should ease up. You are your own worst enemy (we all are, I think). You sound like you're depressed, but I think you know that..anxiety and depression go hand in hand. Try and focus on only the positive things in your life, no matter how small. I know it may sound too easy, but you can pull yourself out of this. There's a saying that goes "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it"
I put comedians and old time radio theatre stories on my ipod (free on itunes) and go for walks...try and appreciate nature. Something I'll never forget, when my brother was dying, he was telling me all of his regrets in life, and it was so sad...so I try to appreciate the little things. You sound so lost, I don't want you to give up!!! Come here and talk to us, we care! :)

Thanks for sharing, i appreciate it... yes i have been struggling with depression for as long as i remember. It's not so much depression right now... more like frustration? I haven't seen a doctor cause i don't intend to rely on drugs to do this. I have been doing it with will power and i intend to keep it that way. At least, i'm no longer suicidal? That's a good thing, right? LOL!

And i totally get what you mean by having to push yourself and to appreciate the better things in life. I'm doing all that... it's just that... i don't feel much. Not for anyone or anything. I hardly take interest in any person or thing long enough to make something out of it. And i don't think that's a good thing. I've tried, believe me. I just don't. And i'm pretty sure it's cause the average person doesn't really understand why i am the way i am and doesn't bother to even care to get to that level.

I don't really know what i'm saying... i just hope i'm making sense here.

Welcome to the forums! this is the place to be. i have so far have met (not in person) several very nice people that share the exact same thoughts. if you are in need of someone to just listen to you, or someone that will just talk your ear off, i might be of some assistance. and perhaps even be a friend that you need.

Hi Shaun! Thank you! I hope i have the same luck and get to meet a couple of nice people on here! I see you're looking for a chat buddy? I don't mind! But we're at total opp sides of the world so time zone's a problem, hope you don't mind!

Hey! How are things going today with you? I totally understand and respect the fact that you want to do this without meds..and I totally understand how you feel, I really do! Don't you hate when people tell you to cheer up, just snap out of it! grrrrr..
I hope you're doing ok, I'm a little concerned about you! Please don't give up, k? Maybe pretend to be happy, you know, fake it until you make it? That wasn't really serious, kinda making a funny....I'm always here for you, hun!! xo

caliber said:
Hey! How are things going today with you? I totally understand and respect the fact that you want to do this without meds..and I totally understand how you feel, I really do! Don't you hate when people tell you to cheer up, just snap out of it! grrrrr..
I hope you're doing ok, I'm a little concerned about you! Please don't give up, k? Maybe pretend to be happy, you know, fake it until you make it? That wasn't really serious, kinda making a funny....I'm always here for you, hun!! xo

Hey thanks! I'm alright, just gotta keep my head up and keep moving. And you're right... it's not as simple as just snapping out of it and frankly annoying as hell when people expect you to turn it off like a switch. I appreciate your concern, warms my heart to know that there are people who do care =)

wolf359 said:
Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place!

Thanks! Yes i have, i've never felt more welcome!

I'm trying to learn the guitar..it's pretty funny, as my hands are really small, and I have a heck of a time keeping those strings down! I played piano for 11 years (lessons, classical, all that), and that's so much easier, but I live in an apartment, and a piano wouldn't go over to well here, lol...(it's at my parents house)...I figure if I try and do something like that, and can master even a song, it might increase my self esteem, I don't know! lol
And I hope you feel better, knowing there's so many people here who care, and sincerely understand how you feel! I don't know you, but I care about you! You're never alone, we're always here! xo

Welcome to ALL :) We have lots of great folks here from all walks of life, so I am sure you will 'find your groove'.

It helps if there is someone you can talk to and its nice to have online chat buddies as it will lessen the disconnection and loneliness at times. Stay strong.....

Latest posts

Back