Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.shankly

Reaction score
I came across this forum yesterday , and it looks good and interesting. I am 49 and from England....so hello :)

Thank you :). Yeah it seems a great board......and plenty of music threads also. ( musics my main ( only ?:() hobby )[/u]

Music is a great hobby to have! I've always loved all sorts of music. It's a sort of soothing friend all on it's own.

Nina said:
Music is a great hobby to have! I've always loved all sorts of music. It's a sort of soothing friend all on it's own.

I dont play a instrument or anything , but i buy many cds and go to loads of concerts. I am always discovering new/old artists i havnt heard before.....costs me a bomb :(:):)
I mainly go to small venues, its not the same at arena type venues. Having said that i am watching Paul weller at the Manchester MEN in Dec ....but thats different .

I use to love going into this one little Jazz club when I lived in NYC...I like the smaller venues. Sometimes the larger concerts are a bit too crowded for me. Enjoy the Weller gig...

Nina said:
I use to love going into this one little Jazz club when I lived in NYC...I like the smaller venues. Sometimes the larger concerts are a bit too crowded for me. Enjoy the Weller gig...

Thank you.....i have seen him approx 60-70 times ( sad or what ? :p) so i am sure i will . It would have been more if my circumstances had been different. I would have loved to have followed him around Europe and had a couple of months touring Europe ( something i intend to do in 2012)

I don't think it's pathetic at all. Creative folks create, be it music, art, literature, etc... to fulfill their need for joy and if it weren't for folks who followed and enjoyed what they created think how distraught all the creative's would be! :p I like Weller's music. "You do something to me" is a huge favorite of mine!! He has a haunting voice. Touring Europe will be an amazing experience.

The Jam - English Rose

he wrote that when he was around 20 ...and according to the press in a 'punk' band.

I love his attitude too, and the fact that he dosnt rest on his laurels.
he does 2 or 3 Jam songs otherwise hes always looking forward. Most artists of his age would be reforming and doing the hits , or going showbiz........not Paul :cool:

I think Weller is true to his sound and the creation of it and not so much into the just the fame or cruising for the money. He has a great face too! I am a complete face and eye freak and I have always found his to be very unique. I'm an artist too so I have an excuse...:p

EveWasFramed said:
Hey, and welcome. :)

Hi ....and thank you ;)

Nina said:
I think Weller is true to his sound and the creation of it and not so much into the just the fame or cruising for the money. He has a great face too! I am a complete face and eye freak and I have always found his to be very unique. I'm an artist too so I have an excuse...:p

Yeah hes in it for the music mainly,,,,hes music mad.

Good luck with your art

Someone who goes on the weller forum has done some excellent ones of Paul too if i can find them.

Thanks to everyone for the greetings ;)

acousticr.jpg

Latest posts

Back