hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely_rose

Reaction score
So over the past two months I have probably joined a dozen social networking type sites and then deleted my membership a day or two later because I just didn't feel like I fit there....
Let's hope this is different!
Just feeling lonely lately. Tired of my days revolving around working on my master's degree and taking care of the dogs and worrying about the future and not having anyone I can really talk to about things. Even a normal conversation about nothing.... I was excited to have the tv repair guy out because it meant someone to talk to. And even more excited when he couldn't fix the problem and had to come back. Now that is sad.
I am up for conversations about pretty much anything. Really hoping to get to know new people and make lasting friendships, even if those friendships are just online (sometimes that is easier....)

hey lonely_rose :D
i cant promise anything but i think you will fit in here :D

Hi L_R. I speak to very few people during the week, I am in a building full of them but do not need anyone to do my work. I am very busy and don't have or take much time to speak to anyone (very much). When I get home I often think of the people I could have spoken to and make an effort to do just that the next time I see them (I have to target specifc people to do this).

Welcome lonely_rose! I think you'll fit in fine here. I'm sure many people here are willing to reach out to you. Feel free to PM me anytime :]

SherryGee said:
hey lonely_rose :D
i cant promise anything but i think you will fit in here :D

Thanks SherryGee. I hope so!

mi life said:
Hi L_R. I speak to very few people during the week, I am in a building full of them but do not need anyone to do my work. I am very busy and don't have or take much time to speak to anyone (very much). When I get home I often think of the people I could have spoken to and make an effort to do just that the next time I see them (I have to target specifc people to do this).

I currently am not working as my master's degree and the required research and internships don't really allow for it. I try really hard to force myself to talk to other people in my educational program. And none of them would guess that I feel socially isolated because I am talkative and outgoing as far as they can tell. But that is actually usually a front. I try hard and am good at acting but never feel like I actually make a connection or that I am getting to be myself with any of them. The few that I would actually really like to be friends with, have families and friends and stay really busy and while we talk in class, nothing ever comes of it in the outside world. Nor do I ever feel like I can really share my opinions with them.

Latest posts

Back