Hi!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stillwaters

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just discovered this forum and it looks like a great place to hang out. My name's Dave, I'm 49 and live in the UK. I've experienced deep feelings of loneliness since childhood, partly due to health problems (diabetes/epilepsy aged 10) and partly due to having a naturally introverted nature. I remember sitting in a city centre in my teens, watching crowds of people walk by and feeling that I just didn't belong. I thought those feelings would pass as I grew older, but thirty years on those feelings are stronger than ever.

I feel increasingly disillusioned with life - just turn on the evening news most days to see why - and despair sometimes at the way human beings treat one another. As a way of coping with this disillusionment I've often retreated into my own little fantasy world(s); when I was younger I used to play d&d, MUDS and in more recent times mmorpgs. I also love to read a lot of fantasy/sci-fi books and enjoy the outdoors.

Anyway, thanks for reading! :)

Hello Dave. What part of the Uk are you from? I am planning on running away in a few years to the UK. I want to hang out with the Druids and visit the whole of England and Scotland. Im going to camp though I heard its not as safe for a woman. What do you think? So have you been to any cool places? Id love to visit Hadrian's wall and I hear Cornwall is amazing.

Hey Dave. Welcome to the forum. I can relate to a huge amount of what you typed. I've never much felt like I fit in anywhere. I also retreated into my own little fantasy world; substituting video games and the Internet for actual human contact. In the end it only seemed to make things worse.

I hope you find what you;re looking for here.

PS. I live pretty much right on top of Hadrian's Wall. It's not that impressive these days. We're talking about rebuilding it in order to keep Scotsman from annexing Carlisle. :p

Naleena said:
Hello Dave. What part of the Uk are you from? I am planning on running away in a few years to the UK. I want to hang out with the Druids and visit the whole of England and Scotland. Im going to camp though I heard its not as safe for a woman. What do you think? So have you been to any cool places? Id love to visit Hadrian's wall and I hear Cornwall is amazing.

Heya,

I'm originally from the Northwest part of the UK but currently live in the Midlands with my girlfriend. Hmm, re. the safety thing..... I think I would err on the side of caution; if you're planning on wandering off the beaten track so-to-speak, I would try and hook up with a friend. Yes, I've been up to Hadrian's wall and Scotland quite a few times as a child - my parents loved it up there. Cornwall certainly is an amazing place, it has some truly beautiful coastline. When I was last down there I visited the Minack open-air theatre,which was playing King Lear at the time which was great, and then moved on to Sennen cove - another lovely place.

If you want to hang out with the druids I think there's an event called druid camp which takes place in July somewhere (not sure of the exact location offhand), my girlfriend's son and his girlfriend have been going there for the past few years and they have a great time. Then of course there's Stonehenge, you'd probably bump into one or two druids down there no doubt. :p

Hi Stillwaters :)

Stillwaters said:
I remember sitting in a city centre in my teens, watching crowds of people walk by and feeling that I just didn't belong.

I feel like that every time I have to go out.

Latest posts

Back