Hi.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggie71

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking in the shadows (in a non-creepy way) for a while now, simply because I was never sure of what to write, where to start etc. My name is Maggie. I'm 44 and in the UK. Not sure what to expect from this, but willing to try to reach out. Anyway, hello.

Hi Maggie, I was also a lurker. We should start our own club haha. :) But Welcome. :)

So, I posted that message a couple of weeks ago, but then ran off and hid again. I have no idea why I feel so awkward around people. I know I'm introverted and that I'm very much a slow burner when it comes to getting to know others, but you would think that an anonymous and welcoming online forum wouldn' t be an issue. Sigh.

Anyway, thank you very much for the welcomes. Much appreciated.x

Maggie71 said:
So, I posted that message a couple of weeks ago, but then ran off and hid again. I have no idea why I feel so awkward around people. I know I'm introverted and that I'm very much a slow burner when it comes to getting to know others, but you would think that an anonymous and welcoming online forum wouldn' t be an issue. Sigh.

No worries! Ha ha ha welcome!

Team lurker, got room for 1 more? lol.

I do that too, but now I'm trying to instill the idea to not overthink things and just write what comes to mind. Hopefully the first step towards expressing and exploring ourselves eh.

I put a lol in every sentence to mask the pain, lolllllll
Also, I haven't found a way to add signatures yet so I am literally typing this out, lol. Anyone see this pls help.

Maggie71 said:

Eh, it is what it is. I found myself doing the same only few days after joining here but quickly bounced back.

That's one of the perks of this place, no pressure and no worries of prejudgement or misunderstandings to random needs of getting away. There's even a feature on one's profile that you can set an away status and for how long you think you'll be go (optional). :)

I would welcome ya but you technically joined before me I think lol, so... I'll just I look forward to see ya around Maggie.

deepu1207 said:

I put a lol in every sentence to mask the pain, lolllllll
Also, I haven't found a way to add signatures yet so I am literally typing this out, lol. Anyone see this pls help.

I had that same issue when I first joined here lol. You have to have a required post count before that feature is unlocked. I don't remember the exact count, either 10 or 25 posts. I guess you'll find out soon enough. xD

If you're looking to quickly build up your post count with less social anxiety, I highly recommend posting in any game thread, "What are you're listening too?" (music thread), "What's your current mood?", etc. threads.

Thanks Siku! I might do that then.

And yea, Maggie, I guess "welcome back" would be more appropriate in this case lol.

Btw, I'm in the UK too, wohoo.

D

Thank you for the welcomes đź’›.

I think I'll follow your lead, Deepu. We should both agree to lay off the lurking. I, like you, can be guilty of overthinking things and worry that if I were to write what comes to mind it would be random and garbled, but maybe that wouldn't be such a big deal.

I suppose I'm just not sure what to do next. Do I just go ahead and join in a thread? Siku, you gave some good suggestions. Thank you. I did leave a couple of comments, but it felt intrusive. I didn't know that online social anxiety could be a thing :)

Yea, I think that's why we could appreciate this forum a bit more. Most people here probably know what it's like to feel weary of saying things that others might deem "garbled" or "weird" lol.

I dunno, I sometimes think unfiltered thoughts are better lol. Filtered thoughts are necessary, but sometimes boring and overrated (as long as they're not rude) lol.

Having said that, I am a hypocrite, cuz I've just spent more than a minute re-reading what I've just written lolll.

Latest posts

Back