Hitchhikers guide to the introverse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alohdrahon

Reaction score
Hey yall hows it going? I guess ill start off by telling a bit about myself im a 38 year old guy whos spent so much time alone in the past 15 years i could teach people on a deserted island some tricks. I think that movie castaway with tom hanks was based on my life, except well i dont have the ocean, the beautiful scenery or a volleyball to talk to. Best i ever managed was a flying purple cat named raul and he doesnt speak to me much anymore lol.

I ended up like this because i have something called avoidant personality disorder which is basically social anxietys evil step brother with an axe and a craving for blood, and human spinal fluid, and probably babies, yeah lots of babies.......Sorry got kinda lost there for a minute, but yeah basically long story short its made my life a living hell.

I really never know what to say in these things.I live in the upstate in south carolina, Im married, got two kids. I love video games, poetry, movies, books, anything sci fi, fantasy, or horror i really enjoy. Philosophy, enjoy discussing theories on the after life, aliens, nature,im an animal lover, theyre the best people i know.Lately theyre about the ONLY people i know. Ive got five cats, two dogs and i recently found out im allergic to cats and dust. So now i sit around and huff an air purifier most of the day so im able to breathe due to my allergies, because i refuse to get rid of the cats theyre like members of my family.

Im also a writer of sorts, not that i think im witty or ingenious or even have much to say, but its one of those things i really have no choice about and is almost an ingrained part of my personality. Hence why this intro is so long winded.I keep a vlog on youtube, (link in profile) and a written blog journal thing full of random thoughts and poetry too (link on youtube channel). Anyways so with this now being the longest **** intro in the history of mankind i will retire to my house that seems like a tomb last few days since my wife and son are sick have been asleep most of the day.

I hope everybodys having a good weekend so far and if you ever get bored and are looking for somebody to talk to or do some online pc gaming with hit me up. Would love to hear from you and make a few new friends, ive got a teamspeak server we can use.

Thanks.

PS: If anybody has insomnia i can write you up a few more of these long drawn out intros too to put you to sleep if you like :)

I just have a question: How can you be alone if you have a wife and son? Do you see them much? I know a person can certainly be lonely if that's he only social outlet they have.

SophiaGrace said:
I just have a question: How can you be alone if you have a wife and son? Do you see them much? I know a person can certainly be lonely if that's he only social outlet they have.

They actually stay gone a good bit and i end up at home alone alot. Mainly what i meant by alone though was lack of friends outside my family. I dont really have anybody i can call or that calls me, or to hangout with and due to my still trying to overcome my APD its very hard to make those connections. I have a few people i email with but they all live on the other side of the world. I used to have an online gaming group but they all sort of dissapeared too. One big thing is with avoidant personality disorder it seems to cause feelings of loneliness and the best way i can describe it is like youre drowning in people but totally alone if that makes any sense. I talk about it more in my video logs, its sort of complex to explain in a few sentences how it affects me.The town i live in is another issue anxiety aside in that theres not really any places around here to meet people.

Hi, alohdrahon. Sounds like you have some great hobbies and interests. Welcome to the forum!

Man that's some big font.

Welcome to the site.

Latest posts

Back