Hitting Women: Yes, No, Maybe so?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

Reaction score
In your opinion, is there ever enough reason to justify a man hitting a woman?

Although i haven't actually done it, i do believe there are situations and circumstances, which aren't even highly uncommon or extreme, where i'd feel fully justified in retaliating with physical violence.

I'm convinced I wouldn't hit a woman first over something that was simply said. However, i feel like if a woman is going to inappropriately put her hands on me then i should be well within my means to retaliate and defend myself. There are exceptions to ever rule but overall, yes, i would hit a woman if it came down to it

haha, had this conversation, many times, know where it ends... :D

let's put it this way:

i would defend my LIFE and LIMB against anyone, regardless of gender.

other than that, i would just walk away.

a lot of guys "think" they have had a situation where it was "okay" to hit a woman,

only in retrospect, and when asked "couldn't you just have walked/run away?"

they hesitantly answer "yes".

besides it's better to get another woman to do it for you.

Haha. I figured this topic wouldn't be anything new and i know the idea of hitting a woman regardless of situation or circumstance is an unpopular one but figured i'd go for it anyway lol

It was actually one of your threads that made me make this one (the one about ABC having chris brown but not adam lambert)

blackhole said:
haha, had this conversation, many times, know where it ends... :D

let's put it this way:

i would defend my LIFE and LIMB against anyone, regardless of gender.

other than that, i would just walk away.

a lot of guys "think" they have had a situation where it was "okay" to hit a woman,

only in retrospect, and when asked "couldn't you just have walked/run away?"

they hesitantly answer "yes".

^^ Yes, this.

hmm, well assuming your life and existence isn't being threatened, isn't it always as "simple" as walking away?

My thing is, if some woman that i don't know and im not emotional attached to/invested in decides she wants to get wild and crazy and start puttin hands on me, as far as im concerned, we got a problem.

That depends. Some people see "protection of life or limb" far differently than others. Some might see that as meaning, if she had a weapon or if they were truly at a disadvantage and thought they might get killed or maimed.

But that same person might see a man and a woman arguing and the woman hitting him and the man retaliating as completely unjustified as the man could simply just walk away. I've seen this happen both when i was in school and just in the street and then people chastise the guy for retaliating. I don't agree with that.

SophiaGrace said:
blackhole said:

Pick me :D pick me!

No!!!. you wouldn't do it, would you? Don't let me down, Sophia

Personally, I don't think I could do it regardless of circumstances :(

If I take a swing at someone, I fully expect them to take a swing back at me, regardless of gender.

That said, let's be honest here, most guys are stronger than most girls, which means they can do more physical damage to the woman than the woman can to them... they have other methods of restraining women without resorting to hitting them.

SophiaGrace said:
blackhole said:

Pick me :D pick me!

OH OH OH...can I help?????? :D

I think it's perfectly fine for a man to take defensive action against ANY person when attacked.
However, that doesn't mean dealing full-force blows on that person. If it's enough to run away or simply incapacitate the person somehow, then that's what should be done. A situation needn't be escalated just for the sake of violence.

That being said, if a woman doesn't want to be retaliated against, then she shouldn't attack in the first place.

EveWasFramed said:
Well, wouldnt that be protecting life or limb?

not if you could:

A) walk away
B) run away
C) laugh off the "beating"

Callie said:
If I take a swing at someone, I fully expect them to take a swing back at me, regardless of gender.

That said, let's be honest here, most guys are stronger than most girls, which means they can do more physical damage to the woman than the woman can to them... they have other methods of restraining women without resorting to hitting them.

The first part i fully agree with. I feel like regardless of gender, if you hit someone you should expect to be hit back. Plain and simple. You're asking for it.

But that leads me to a second point which is something you touched upon. The general consensus is that men shouldn't hit women because we're bigger and stronger and if that's the case then why as a woman would you want to put your hands on me? If as a woman you know there's no contest in terms of a fight, i'd think you ponder really long and hard about throwing the first stone so to speak.

hbkdx12 said:
Callie said:

The first part i fully agree with. I feel like regardless of gender, if you hit someone you should expect to be hit back. Plain and simple. You're asking for it.

But that leads me to a second point which is something you touched upon. The general consensus is that men shouldn't hit women because we're bigger and stronger and if that's the case then why as a woman would you want to put your hands on me? If as a woman you know there's no contest in terms of a fight, i'd think you ponder really long and hard about throwing the first stone so to speak.

Yes, I suppose I did contradict myself a bit, but what I meant was that they should try to restrain the woman before actually hitting her. IF for some reason that's not possible, then yeah, hit me... if you can :D

EveWasFramed said:
Well...who have you pissed off recently? lol :p

Well according to the 10 obscenity-laden PMs i got since creating this thread....i'd say 10

i kid lol :p

lmao, no because I have a feeling YOU are the one with your tongue hanging out and SHE is the one with the bat. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back