Hitting Women: Yes, No, Maybe so?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EveWasFramed said:
lmao, no because I have a feeling YOU are the one with your tongue hanging out and SHE is the one with the bat. :p

**** straight :D

If that ***** is asking for it, then why the fresia not? Some people could use a good ass kicking.

Not many women pose a threat to my life or limb. So usually, no.

If force is necessary, though, I do believe in completely neutralizing any threats. This really has nothing to do with gender as much as it being just stupid to employ half measures when you or a loved one is at risk.

If she's got a weapon, tackle her down! If she doesn't and she starts attacking I think the best thing is to grab her, tie her down and tell her to calm down. If she continues fighting, just push her off and leave.

I don't think this is so much about Woman vs Man as it is about Strong vs Weak. Gender really shouldn't matter. If you are not a masochist, and you are unable to walk away, and you are being injured, defend yourself. Avoid causing injury if possible, but do what you must.

nerdygirl said:
I don't think this is so much about Woman vs Man as it is about Strong vs Weak. Gender really shouldn't matter. If you are not a masochist, and you are unable to walk away, and you are being injured, defend yourself. Avoid causing injury if possible, but do what you must.

point taken but thats the whole thing that bugs me. if men are generally considered the stronger gender then why would a woman even think it makes sense to hit a man and put themselves in a position to get seriously hurt.

You think if i met Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and we got into a verbal altercation that i'd up and decide to punch him in the face? Hell no cuz i know i'd get pummeled. Unless i was really really confident that one punch could lay him out...which it probably wouldn't :(

ive always seen it as something that is only done in self defense for fear of death or serious injury. there is no other acceptable time to do it.

I don't believe in hitting women. However, if I'm attacked by one, I will defend myself as necessary, up to and including clocking her on the jaw and putting her on the ground if there's no other way to get her to stop and I can't get away.

hbkdx12 said:
why would a woman even think it makes sense to hit a man and put themselves in a position to get seriously hurt.

because society has taught women that they can hit (or worse) a man, and he can't (won't) defend himself.

so women (of less than stellar character) take advantage of this sad truth.

that's why.

i've been hit by a lot of women.

hbkdx12 said:
You think if i met Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and we got into a verbal altercation that i'd up and decide to punch him in the face? Hell no cuz i know i'd get pummeled. Unless i was really really confident that one punch could lay him out...which it probably wouldn't :(

lmao I love you and I love this thread......

hbkdx12 said:
point taken but thats the whole thing that bugs me. if men are generally considered the stronger gender then why would a woman even think it makes sense to hit a man and put themselves in a position to get seriously hurt.

hehe.
funny, ...woman making sense ;)

id say protect yourself appropriately if needed.

If she gets too aggressive, give her the old alexander backhander to put her in her place.
If this infuriates her, run away or drop her.

hbkdx12 said:

My point was not that men are considered stronger. My point is that a person (of either gender), should not harm a person (of either gender) who is weaker unless it was necessary.

Why do weaker people hit stronger people? Why does anybody hit anybody? Even if you could knock Mr. Schwarzenegger out with one punch, would that give you a suitable reason to deck him? Of course not. If he raped your mother, would that validate hitting him, even though he could probably break you like a twig? Maybe.

the "code" states that "a gentleman doesnt hit a lady" generally speaking toward the situation of two guys arguing and one hits the other and they get into a fight, you wouldnt hit a woman if she was the one giving you crap, there are women that are aware of this and will try to get you to hit them just to cause trouble, the question at that point being why are you dealing with her in the first place? XD

That being said, if I was attacked by a woman (really attacked, not just her slapping me) yea Id fight back if thats my only option, but really, what are the chances of that happening?

nerdygirl said:
My point was not that men are considered stronger. My point is that a person (of either gender), should not harm a person (of either gender) who is weaker unless it was necessary.

Why do weaker people hit stronger people? Why does anybody hit anybody? Even if you could knock Mr. Schwarzenegger out with one punch, would that give you a suitable reason to deck him? Of course not. If he raped your mother, would that validate hitting him, even though he could probably break you like a twig? Maybe.

If me and arnold had a verbal altercation and i just hit him out the blue, no absolutely not; that's not valid enough of a reason to hit him or anyone whether they be male, female, short, tall, strong or weak. Of course if you're talking more extreme situations like the rape of a family member, you could rest assured that simply hitting would be the least of his troubles.

So at the end of the day, of course no one should be hitting anyone but the world we live in is far from perfect so if i get hit, my instinctual reaction should be to retaliate and defend myself. So as the aggressor, (whether you're female and/or weak) why would you hit me not expecting similar repercussions ESPECIALLY if you know its by someone who can physically dominate you

So society wants to fault me for physically retaliating against a woman (or in your argument, someone who's weaker than me) but i fault the aggressor for clearly not understanding the can of worms they're opening and the situation they're putting themselves in if they suddenly want to play the victim when they get smacked up. Hopefully they learn a valuable lesson after their ass whoopin

trust me, dude.

there is no winning this one.

the only acceptable response for a man getting hit by a woman, is to walk/run/get-the-fresia-away.

don't believe me?

hit back and see what happens.

if she has you cornered with an ax...

then you can fight back.

hbkdx12 said:
So at the end of the day, of course no one should be hitting anyone but the world we live in is far from perfect so if i get hit, my instinctual reaction should be to retaliate and defend myself. So as the aggressor, (whether you're female and/or weak) why would you hit me not expecting similar repercussions ESPECIALLY if you know its by someone who can physically dominate you

So society wants to fault me for physically retaliating against a woman (or in your argument, someone who's weaker than me) but i fault the aggressor for clearly not understanding the can of worms they're opening and the situation they're putting themselves in if they suddenly want to play the victim when they get smacked up. Hopefully they learn a valuable lesson after their ass whoopin

Why is it acceptable for you to retaliate and defend yourself, but not for the one who is weaker than you? If you call a woman a ***** and she slaps you, she's the one asking for an "ass whoopin"? Personally, I am glad society is around to fault people for that.

If I'll ever hit a man, I'd make sure to hit the spot where he won't be able to retaliate, then I'll run. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back