Hiya, how's it goin?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Replicated Man

Reaction score
So um, I was very hesitant about joining this forum. See, I'm 17 years old (male), and I go to the BIGGEST high school in my city. In my country actually. Yet, I find myself lonely enough to be here.

It's a point of shame, you understand? People my age shouldn't have problems finding friends. And it's not that I'm socially inept. At least, I don't think I am. I love meeting people, and making friends. But I've never clicked for very long with any one group. Now it's late in my highschool career. It's my last year, and besides it just being plain difficult to break into new groups, I'm terribly afraid to approach people in that way. I don't want to come off as lonely and desperate for people to spend with as I am. So um, that's that for now. Warning: I will probably indulge in self-pity very often on here. Not if I can help it. I mean, we'll see.

Anyways... I'm a very politically interested/informed person, I listen to music of all kinds, sort of a fitness nut (not really, but it's to the point where it's worth mentioning), I write more than most but not as much as someone who would call himself a "writer". I'm a very angry person. Not short tempered, mind you, I just hold A LOT of rage, inwardly. On the flip side of that, I'm a deep romantic, and sensitive when it comes to matters of love and companionship. No outlet for those feelings either.

And I love professional wrestling.

Being 17 means nothing its just a number. Many people your age have trouble finding friends. Friend isnt really a word that should be used for people in high school because kids are changing so much popping in and out of groups. Trying to see where they fit in and where they dont. You say your school is huge you have to realize among all those people you are not alone there are many kids at that school that feel just like you. High school is usually a rough time for kids to find friends. If you do find them they may not last when school is over because another major life change is happening going from high school to college is another big transition in ones life. You should try and join clubs if your school has them. If you want you can target kids that you feel are like you. Just look around during lunch time or break time there not hard to spot. You can go up and start with simple conversation. Just remember your not alone in this many teens are just like you.

GearsOfWar93 said:
Being 17 means nothing its just a number. Many people your age have trouble finding friends. Friend isnt really a word that should be used for people in high school because kids are changing so much popping in and out of groups. Trying to see where they fit in and where they dont. You say your school is huge you have to realize among all those people you are not alone there are many kids at that school that feel just like you. High school is usually a rough time for kids to find friends. If you do find them they may not last when school is over because another major life change is happening going from high school to college is another big transition in ones life. You should try and join clubs if your school has them. If you want you can target kids that you feel are like you. Just look around during lunch time or break time there not hard to spot. You can go up and start with simple conversation. Just remember your not alone in this many teens are just like you.

I believe it. That I'm not the only loner there is. Or even the loneliest, not even close. But I'm missing that real connection. A strong bond with a group of people. I'm almost desperate enough to join my local Christian youth group. I'm not even close to religious.

And I'm the President of a club, believe it or not. It's small though, started this year and probably won't last to be honest. The biggest issue is the timing. My high school career is all but finished. If I could go back, I would've joined many clubs...but whatever.

Its ok that its over it may seem like youll never get a chance again but you will have many. Contrary to popular belief high school is not the best years of your life. If it was what would be the point to carrying on in life. Even for people that are very popular in high school and that have many friends and good times what would be the point of carrying on in life if high school is your only true chance or friends and happiness in life. I know you want it to come soon your time and all but your only 17 you have plenty of time to get the connection you want from others. Even though you feel like its past your time and that it wont come or you question why hasnt come you will get your chance. College is a whole different place the mind sets of people are a lot different. Some People will still be stuck in the high school mind set but you can easily avoid those people best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Back