Hoarders (Updated)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fox said:
... I think that is mostly laziness that got it that way, rather than a need to hang on to those things..

Then when they have the service comes to clean out the place, they should be glad that they get all this help throwing the junk and garbage out. Instead they usually stress out and try to prevent the service from removing the garbage.

i had to clean a dead guys house..he was clearly a hoarder.it was so gross nothing has ever freaked me out more in my life...ugy

Arcane said:
i had to clean a dead guys house..he was clearly a hoarder.it was so gross nothing has ever freaked me out more in my life...ugy
Oh man. I can't say that I envy you for having to do that.

I've watched the show and I've worked in the mental health field with people who might be called "hoarders". We called them OCD, which is what they were usually diagnosed with.
BUT, I believe a lot of the people depicted on the show are just flat out lazy. Most of us can't imagine literally living in your own sh*t but you'd be surprised what lengths other people will go to just to avoid doing housework.
I stopped watching the show after gagging in disgust a few times but every time I hear about the show, I get a strange compulsion to clean my little pile of mail clutter on the counter next to my purse :D

Teresa

Ach, the horror! *Eyetwitch* Those pictures are just so disgusting. Only fire can cleanse away that sort of filth now. *Shudder* I'm not a neat freak, but that type of hikikomori den just creeps me out.

LoL@ $ on the counter

but but do i c a cat in there??

url
url
url
url
url
url
url
url
url
url

Lovely...... you just made my day, or night, depending on what part of the country you live in.

Zomg I'm soooo glad that this is not one of my issues. This degree of hoarding is disgusting.

I like the flattened TP cardboard thingys in front of the toilet..... lol. Guess that's what happens when you end up leaving it there where your feet go.

Latest posts

Back